New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Charlotte, North Carolina
“First class service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We recently visited Baltimore to attend the Pearl Jam concert and stayed at the Residence Inn. Earlier that morning, we got engaged at the beach and then traveled to Baltimore. When we got to the room, I quickly learned that my new fiance had conspired with the Residence Inn manager to have roses, champagne, and balloons waiting in our room. They even left a heart made out of Hershey Kisses on the bed! We made a point to thank the manager and the employees at the front desk who helped with the surprise - everyone was so kind and thoughtful. The staff went above and beyond to make a great day even better. We can't wait to get back to Baltimore and we'll only stay at the Residence Inn!

Room Tip: The room was clean and comfortable. We had a partial view of the harbor on the south side of the ho...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pminer, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown/ Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day. We had a lot of fun helping out your future husband. It sounds like you had a great day you will always remember.

Patrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Korean first
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at this property using free nights/points. We had not visited Baltimore so we didn't know much about the city. We debated getting a rental car but decided against it in large part due to the high overnight parking fee at the hotel. It turns out that was great for us because we didn't need a rental car at all! This hotel was in walking distance of many of the Baltimore tourism attractions. Cabs were abundant and the Charm City Circulator (free bus) had stops near the hotel.

The hotel was very clean and spacious. As a family of three, we love the Residence Inn properties because it gives our child more space to play and it is nice to have two televisions as well as a kitchenette. Our only MINOR glitches were towels and bedding. There were three of us in the room and we had to call for extra towels each day as they only supplied two to our room. Our son slept on the pull-out sofa and the sheets for it had some ink stains and a couple of holes. We were on the 9th floor near the elevator and did not have any noise issues.

Our biggest surprise about the hotel was the staff. I am always amused at the comments on staff on tripadvisor. My contact with the front desk staff is usually limited to getting a key at check-in, so when people have a lot to say about front desk staff (either good or bad) I'm a little curious. However, we had several contacts with the front desk on this trip and they were all great! We went in to Washington DC for one day during our four day stay. I had researched the "best" way to do this on the internet, but I asked the front desk staff as well. They gave me a MUCH easier (free!) way to get to the train station. They answered lots of Baltimore questions and were just super helpful/friendly.

The valet/bell staff was also great. They were helpful in getting us cabs and with giving directions. In addition, we had a car service scheduled for our return trip to the airport. The car wasn't there when it was supposed to be. It was scheduled for 12:30 and when it didn't arrive at 12:30, they were making calls about it. The car arrived in a couple of minutes. They were very engaged with my son as well. We had a great trip!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank cbirrell
pminer, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown/ Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for the review. Leaving your car at home and using public transportation is a great way to save money when traveling to Baltimore. I appreciate your feedback on the towels and linen. I will make sure we discuss in staff meeting this morning.

Thank you for your business!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Let me start off by saying I'm a dyed in the wool SPG loyalist, so I wasn't to thrilled about needing to slum it at a Residence Inn. I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is OK - decent size rooms, decor dated but it's really clean and taken care of.

The staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming.

For the price, you really would have a hard time beating it. Thanks, Residence Inn Baltimore, for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Third floor had a bit of street noise, try higher up OR just not giving out on Light St.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving Residence Inn by Marriott - Baltimore a try. We hope to see you again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel was totally worth it. For $145 we got a 1BR suite with separate kitchen, and a perfect view of the Baltimore marathon route (which is why we were there). They also accept pets and don't give any sort of hassles about it, or anything (such as additional deposits or size discrimination, etc., like other places), and the staff was mostly AMAZING. The bell/valet staff was literally a JOY, they were so nice, fast, considerate, and genuinely helpful, people-people, if you know what I mean. The only downside is I basically had to threaten that I was going to squat there to get a late checkout--and I was running the marathon, so it was physically impossible for me to check out. And, this was something I requested in advance, am a Gold Elite, and everything. They were busy, so I understand, but the woman at the front desk was so rude about it. So if you want that, make sure you confirm it up front! However, I realize this is a privilege, so I was ultimately grateful they gave it to me--it was just in how it was done seemed unnecessary. Bottomline though, is it was great service, great value, great location, and really a pleasant stay. I would totally go back and recommend to others.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank starryi
Thank you for your review.

On behalf of my staff, I am sorry you had a difficult time getting a late checkout and felt my staff could have been more accomodating. With the marathon and the Green Bay Packers vs. Baltimore game...the hotel was very busy. We do our best to accomodate everyone's request on a first come first serve basis.

I can certainly understand your need to go back to your room after running a marathon. I am glad it work out. Thanks for your patients.

Pace, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My experience from check in to check out was amazing. Walking distance to the EXPO and Race start and finish was a blessing. I was on the 5th FLOOR and found it surprisingly quiet inside the hotel and no noise from any of the other guests. Bed was comfy and after the marathon chose to stay an additional night for recovery before returning home to FLORIDA. All restaurants were within walking distance (INNER HARBOR). DUNKIN Doughnuts and CVS were right next door.

One little flaw was the street noise and Baltimore tends to have sirens going 24 hours a day.

Breakfast on the day of checkout was awesome and hot.

Overall, super Stay and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pminer, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown/ Inner Harbor, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us over the Baltimore Marathon. Please keep us in mind for 2014.
Atlanta,GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

From the friendly greeting to the cleanliness of the rooms, this is still a great family hotel. Breakfast is busy, but they opened other rooms. Excellent downtown value. Fortunately we had free parking available as that might be an issue.

Room Tip: If you travel with children this is great as the suite had a fully equipped kitchenette. Better tha...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pminer, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown/ Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn by Marriott-Baltimore Inner Harbor. I appreciate you feedback regarding the need to use your key in the elevator. I understand that your hands may not be free every time you get into the elevator. My staff tries to assist any guest that does not have a fee hand.

As a General Manager...I like this feature for two reasons. 1) If your keys get demagnitized because it was too close to your cell phone...you will find out in the elevator and not when you get all the way to your room. 2) It helps keep people out of the hotel who do not belong here.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times when I have visited Batimore. Very convenient location, within walking distance to the Inner Harbor, Camden Yards, and Raven Stadium. I was in town for the Marathon and walking to the starting line was very easy. Dunkin Donuts, CVS, and 7-Eleven are all next door. Valet parking is a bit pricey but convenient. The hotel is pet friendly and we have brought our dog on past visits. Kitchen has a dishwasher, microwave, and stove top. Full sized refrigerator. Street noise can be a bit loud on lower floors. Shower is nice, plenty of hot water. Bed is comfortable, and many rooms have sleeper/sofas. Free breakfast in the morning is tasty and the room it is served in is large. Wi-FI could be a bit stronger. Wish you didn't need to use your key every time you use the elevator!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Charles E
Thank you for your comment regarding the speed of our internet. We currently have a 10 meg, however, we will be getting a least 50 meg by the first of the year. Now that customers have 2-3 items that use the internet...we are finding that we need more bandwidth. Thank you for staying with us!