We stayed at this property using free nights/points. We had not visited Baltimore so we didn't know much about the city. We debated getting a rental car but decided against it in large part due to the high overnight parking fee at the hotel. It turns out that was great for us because we didn't need a rental car at all! This hotel was in walking distance of many of the Baltimore tourism attractions. Cabs were abundant and the Charm City Circulator (free bus) had stops near the hotel.
The hotel was very clean and spacious. As a family of three, we love the Residence Inn properties because it gives our child more space to play and it is nice to have two televisions as well as a kitchenette. Our only MINOR glitches were towels and bedding. There were three of us in the room and we had to call for extra towels each day as they only supplied two to our room. Our son slept on the pull-out sofa and the sheets for it had some ink stains and a couple of holes. We were on the 9th floor near the elevator and did not have any noise issues.
Our biggest surprise about the hotel was the staff. I am always amused at the comments on staff on tripadvisor. My contact with the front desk staff is usually limited to getting a key at check-in, so when people have a lot to say about front desk staff (either good or bad) I'm a little curious. However, we had several contacts with the front desk on this trip and they were all great! We went in to Washington DC for one day during our four day stay. I had researched the "best" way to do this on the internet, but I asked the front desk staff as well. They gave me a MUCH easier (free!) way to get to the train station. They answered lots of Baltimore questions and were just super helpful/friendly.
The valet/bell staff was also great. They were helpful in getting us cabs and with giving directions. In addition, we had a car service scheduled for our return trip to the airport. The car wasn't there when it was supposed to be. It was scheduled for 12:30 and when it didn't arrive at 12:30, they were making calls about it. The car arrived in a couple of minutes. They were very engaged with my son as well. We had a great trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor is Baltimore, Maryland's premier, downtown all-suite hotel. Our hotel's Inner Harbor Baltimore, MD location is perfect for travelers visiting the city for work or leisure. We offer 188 studio, one, and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and spacious living and dinning areas. Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor is the ideal choice among Baltimore hotels near Inner Harbor for guests visiting for a day, a week, a month, or longer. Located in the heart of Baltimore, business travelers can walk to nearly any office in the city, and we are just steps away from the Baltimore Convention Center and the Baltimore Courthouse. Leisure guests can walk two blocks to Baltimore’s famed Inner Harbor to visit the US Constellation or the multitude of shops and restaurants on the waterfront. Our hotel is situated perfectly for you to experience all of the best that Baltimore has to offer. If you are a sports enthusiasts, you may want to pre-game at our 17 Light on-site restaurant and lounge. Our guests love the fact that Oriole Park at Camden Yards is close by, and M&T Bank Stadium and the First Mariner Arena are within walking distance of our accommodations. Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/ Inner Harbor is an excellent choice if you are planning a meeting or a group event as well. Our hotel has 1,100 square feet of meeting space, which can accommodate fully catered events for up to 80 people. Should you want to eat at our hotel, our on-site restaurant and lounge is open for lunch and dinner, and for room service during limited hours. Our restaurant also features happy hour specials Monday through Friday. We invite you to come replenish in our hotel after a long day of meetings or touring “Charm City”, and enjoy American Cuisine as well as some Baltimore favorites too. Kick back, relax, and enjoy a beer, glass of wine, or your favorite cocktail before taking the elevator home to your room. Come experience 17 Light Restaurant & Lounge and stay in our Baltimore accommodations! We offer easy access to Baltimore’s top medical facilities, and Johns Hopkins Hospital and University centers provide our guests with complimentary shuttle service to and from our hotel. The University of Maryland Medical Center and Mercy Hospital are also convenient to our accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown
- Baltimore Residence Inn