“Great location for Inner Harbor Visit”

Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Great location for Inner Harbor Visit”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times when I have visited Batimore. Very convenient location, within walking distance to the Inner Harbor, Camden Yards, and Raven Stadium. I was in town for the Marathon and walking to the starting line was very easy. Dunkin Donuts, CVS, and 7-Eleven are all next door. Valet parking is a bit pricey but convenient. The hotel is pet friendly and we have brought our dog on past visits. Kitchen has a dishwasher, microwave, and stove top. Full sized refrigerator. Street noise can be a bit loud on lower floors. Shower is nice, plenty of hot water. Bed is comfortable, and many rooms have sleeper/sofas. Free breakfast in the morning is tasty and the room it is served in is large. Wi-FI could be a bit stronger. Wish you didn't need to use your key every time you use the elevator!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Charles E
pminer, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your comment regarding the speed of our internet. We currently have a 10 meg, however, we will be getting a least 50 meg by the first of the year. Now that customers have 2-3 items that use the internet...we are finding that we need more bandwidth. Thank you for staying with us!

Patrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Korean first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Spent two nights here for the 2013 Baltimore Running Festival - ran the half-marathon. For the race, the Half Marathon, the hotel location is PERFECT (the start line is less than a 2 minute walk). For the full marathon and from the finish line area, it is about a .75 mile walk (took about 12min to walk back to the hotel. I cannot speak high enough of this hotel (as described below):

STAFF: The front desk staff on Friday the 11th unfortunately was not wearing name tags, otherwise I would have mentioned her by name - but, she was very customer service oriented, check-in was quick and I was offered my room, early, without even a hesitation.

HOUSEKEEPING: Again, perfect. I asked for extra towels - and got them immediately. Room upkeep was perfect and timely. The only shortfall was a 11:51pm wake-up with a knock at the door with a night housekeeper with 2 rolls of TP----I was dead asleep....but, the knocking persisted.....got a good laugh out of it in the morning.....just worth mentioning that the night staff needs to triple-check room numbers before knocking on doors that late (plus, after the 2nd knock, if I was expecting TP, I would have answered after the 1st knock...lol).

BREAKFAST: Hotel was sold-out for both days I was in the property (marathon, convention and Green Bay vs. Raven game) and they easily kept up with the morning demand. And, as a plus, there is soda available in the morning (wish more hotels did that). Plentiful hot items available.

PARKING: OK - see my picture below - and I hate to ruin the $32/day fee the hotel charges, BUT, park across the street (directly south of the 7-Eleven) at the 25 Charles St garage (yes, the entrance is off of Light St) - - - the weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) fee is only $10/day (yes---only $10 day). My picture has the parking fees. Even during the work-week, the fee is only $20/day - so, still a substantial savings. The valets are extremely friendly (all of them I engaged during my visit) - while not Marriott employees, they definately extended a customer service level that most valets do not. So, for my entire weekend - I spent $30 for parking - - no in-n-out, but, it didn't matter....you don't need a car in downtown Baltimore....you can walk everywhere.

ROOM: I was in Room 1503, with a nice north view. 2 Queen studio and as the pictures reveal, the room was huge. Room is well maintained, everything worked, plenty of space (with the exception of the bathroom----but, still do-able). HVAC worked perfectly - plenty of AC. Kitchen was well appointed and we utilized the appliances on several occasions. Beds were extremely comfortable.

INTERNET: It's free! Not that fast - but, fast enough.

ELEVATORS: OK - it's an older building - and only has -2- elevators - but, we never really ever had to wait for a ride.

17 Light St Bar: Very friendly bar on the ground floor - resonable "hotel" prices.

MARKETPLACE: OK, again, I hate to ruin the "money-making-marketplace" - but, there is a 7-Eleven literally directly across the street - and the 7-Eleven prices are a bargin, compared to the hotel prices (yes, I said that 7-eleven was a bargin....bet you never heard that before). There is also a CVS and a Royal Farms less than a 1 minute walk from the hotel. Also, McDonalds is 1 min away as well (but, that McDonalds is over-run with transients).

We were extremely happy with our stay, and this will be my home-away-from-home on all trips to Baltimore. Room rates are extremely competitive (and a value) for such a central Downtown location. Throw in the 2 free newspapers (USA Today and WSJ), free breakfast and free wi-fi and the roomy suites - and you just cannot beat this property.

Room Tip: If a South facing high floor is available, choose it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MARATHON-MCPO-USN
Thank you for the great review. Your tip for self parking is spot on! If you are not going to use your car...this garage is across the street. They also do monthly parking for around $200 per month if you are staying over two weeks.

Valet parking is a good value if you will be using your vehicle. The other nice thing about valet parking is you can leave your car with valet until 5pm the next day without an additonal charge.

See you next year!

Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our one night stay at this convient hotel was wonderful, stay was very helpful. Room was immactulate, and breakfast was a full breakfast, and great. Short walking distance to Inner Harbor and Camden Yards Baseball field.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank judithamato
pminer, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for the great review!

Chester, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Residence Inn hotels are nice because you have some room to move and each room has amenities to make you visit comfortable. Thi hotel was very nice. I think the rooms were a little out dated and could use updating. All of the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The evening front desk attendant was excellent. The door men were very war, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The hotel is very safe in that a key is needed for the elevator at all times. The free breakfast was very good and a great value. The food service workers were super kind and friendly. The restaurant and bar was very good. The bar tender was extremely forendly and helpful. The managers should be proud of all staff at this hotel because they all are very customer service oriented and did an excellent job.

Room Tip: I recommend a high floor in order to be furhter away from the sounds of the city. The rooms had exce...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wayne M
Thank you for your feedback regarding the slamming of doors. I will let my engineers know because we can slow down the speed of the door closures.

Thanks for staying with Marriott
Ohio
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am a Hilton property loyalist and had much trepidation about staying here. The Hilton properties would not guarantee connecting rooms so I had to look elsewhere. This hotel had a two bath two bedroom available so I took a chance. All my fears were unfounded. Everyone was very professional and the room was huge and immaculate. Whoever cleaned our room-(13th floor) did an amazing job. I inadvertently left my wedding ring behind and it was still there when we returned. In total we had four rooms and everyone had nothing but positive things to say with one exception. We were on the end of a small hallway and the neighboring doors were inches from our room. Our neighbors were so inconsiderate. They would get up at 5-5:30 am every day and when they left their room, they slammed the door shut. Upon returning to their room around 6:00 am-they would do the same thing. The doors are so close that when someone slid their key card in their room, it truly sounded as if it was our door. I don't fault the hotel for people such as this but I do fault them for not addressing this problem. I am no architect or engineer but something has to be done. We tried ear plugs and a noise machine but neither worked. This noise complaint was universal and our four rooms were all in different parts of the hotel. The other complaint was no bacon for breakfast but that is just my husband! As for the location-it is excellent. You could walk anywhere around the Harbor as well as to Fells Point and Little Italy.
Also, the hotel had excellent food and service. We only ate there one night because we were all tired but the food -especially the salad-was very good. This property has me thinking of signing up with Marriott.

Room Tip: Excellent restaurant right around the corner. It is what we call a "dive" but excellent f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
pminer, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give us feedback! Patrick
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2013

As a top level Marriott member, decided based on other reviews to give this hotel a second chance. While the front desk, location near Inner Harbor and relative cost are all positive, found my room to once again be dirty. If you looked under bed or behind furniture, it was nasty. Dirt, hair, and other misc items made me think it had not been cleaned in several months. Breakfast room also a relatively self service operation with the dirt on the tables piling up after the first hour of operations. Unlike most Marriott's I stay in but with other options nearby no 3rd chances for this hotel

Room Tip: They are beginning construction on major project across street. May be helpful to ask if this creat...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Holeinone53
Thank you very much for your feedback. I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay further. Please call the hotel and ask for Patrick. Thank you.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am here now. We booked ahead of time and always stay at marriott hotels and are Gold members. We checked in and it was a handicap room. The shower is the whole bathroom but the girl will not give us a different room. It cost over $200 and was suppose to be a romantic night away. So be sure to state when you book here if you want a handicap room or not.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Stover35
Thank you for your feedback. The biggest difference between our regular suites and our handicapt suites is the size of the bathroom is much bigger in a handicapt suite. Some have roll-in showers and some have addition grab bars. By law and and to accomodate our hospital patients from Johns Hopkins, University of MD, and Mercy Hospitals... they come in handy. It is possable that the handicapt suites were the only thing available when you made your reservation for that weekend.

I would like to make it up to you; so please plan another special weekend. Feel free to contact me at the hotel to make your reservation and we will make sure to make it special weekend for you.