Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Hampton.com
$94
$78
  • Breakfast included
Lord Baltimore Hotel(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$118
$209
$133
$125
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$150
$143
$173
$147
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsdunkin donutsfull kitchenfront deskvalet parkingstove topfree breakfastone bedroom suitecamden yardsacross the streetsmall kitchenkitchen areapull out sofashort walkyogurtwould stay here againwithin walking distancehot items
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Staff was friendly, the valets were nice. Breakfast was just ok. But all in all nice place. My only quam was everytime the maid cleaned our room she sprayed some type of air freshner that was waaaaaaaay too strong

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Reet_Roo
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom suite for 4 nights in mid June. Our suite was very small, especially one of the bedrooms. The hallways appeared not be vacuumed in the 4 days we were there. The one saving grace of this hotel was the staff. The front desk employees were OK, but didn't seem the be able to answer a lot of questions. The door people were great. A good source of information and always really nice. The best were the individuals who served and maintained the breakfast buffet. I have found that many people are just pigs and leave such a mess. These ladies and men were great. The area was always clean and food dished were always filled.

By far, they were a wonderful for directions and opinions for things to do. They were friendly and just so pleasant. Hotel management--give them a raise!! All other guests--make sure you tip them well. Great job!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our room on the 10th floor was more than adequate for the needs of 2 seniors. The walk to the National Aquarium and the Harborfront area was a.short 10 min as well as the many restaurants in the area. The room itself was a king room with a small kitchen attached. The decor was a muted brown color and had an approx 40" flat screen tv with a good variety of channels. The free breakfast was certainly enough food and pretty good quality. There appeared to be a problem keeping the food area stocked with the breakfast entries. Short staffed?? The staff seemed to be genuinely helpful and friendly At $159 plus tax, we got what we paid for

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

General: Stayed for 2 nights on a recent weekend trip to Baltimore. When I booked, the price was a little bit higher than I would have liked, but it was completely worth it.

No comments on: parking (came down from NY by train), fitness center (did not use).

Room: I had a "studio" room, with king bed and sofa (pretty sure it was a pullout but I didn't actually attempt it). I was by myself, but the room could easily fit 2-3 people without being remotely cramped. TV was on a swivel stand so you could watch easily from the bed or couch (small detail, but appreciated).

Didn't hear a lot of noise, but I was up on the 15th floor (the top, I believe). One oddity: each time the A/C would turn off, there was a whirring noise that sounded like a drill coming from behind the wall near the bed. Not loud enough to wake me up during the night, but strange. Thermostat is adjustable and worked fine.

Kitchen is really great. Full-size fridge and freezer (with ice maker! It's the little things), stove, microwave, sink with garbage disposal, dishwasher, plates/glasses/silverware. They will even stock the fridge with groceries if you provide a shopping list. For a weekend stay, I didn't take much advantage of the kitchen, but for anything more extended (or if you're with a family), it'd be a huge perk.

Amenities: Breakfast is free, standard hotel fare. Hot food as well as bagels/pastries/cereal. There appeared to be coffee in the lobby all day, but I did not have any. There is a "market" in the lobby that is open 24 hours. Has basic drinks/snacks, but also things like ice cream, microwave dinners and alcohol. Very helpful for an 11:30pm chocolate craving. (As is to be expected, prices are pretty marked up. Go to the 7-11 across the street instead).

I ate dinner in the restaurant (17 Light) one night. Sat at the bar so can't comment on table service. Food was decent and reasonably priced, bartender was friendly and attentive. He indicated it can get pretty crowded after Orioles games (one was ending as I was finishing up), so keep that in mind.

Location: Very quick cab ride from Baltimore Penn Station. Short walk to the Inner Harbor, longer walk to Camden Yards but still reasonable. Though if you're going to multiple games and lazy about walking like I am, I'd probably stay at one of the hotels closer to the stadium. The area is okay safety-wise, but as a young female traveling alone, I pretty much stayed in at night (and took a cab back from OPACY instead of walking). There is a Dunkin Donuts next door, a 7-11 across the street, and a CVS about a block away. There are also some pub-type restaurants on Water St. around the corner. Looked interesting, but didn't make it in.

Staff: Valets brought my bag in for me when I arrived and hailed a cab for me when I left at the end of my stay. Front desk staff was also very helpful and friendly.

Overall: Great, great hotel. Would definitely recommend for longer stays. For shorter trips, still nice, but might not be worth the price for some. I would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Samantha G
pminer, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel location is top notch from inner harbor. We could see mast of USS Constellation from our 15th floor window. Large room with nice kitchenette. Loved our stay until we went to get our car from valet parking.
Our rear car window was smashed open and items were stolen from our car while in "secure" lot. We discovered the lot is an open lot is next to the hotel and not a garage. It has a 4ft. decorative fence not a secure fence. Our car was backed into far corner spot, a perfect spot for theft.
The valet helped us unload car to hotel cart when we arrived and saw that we were leaving behind camp chairs, beach towels and our son's lacrosse bag. No one warned us to take all belongings inside. Our car is a Traverse with a large darkly tinted trunk area and we thought secure meant secure.
The valet and hotel manager informed of us our smashed window as we waited to load our belongings and head on to our next destination. The manager was very helpful. He assisted us with contacting police and allowed us back into our room until window could be fixed. He also said the hotel would pay for replacement of window but not for the stole items since the valet slip says NOT to leave personal belongings in cars. We did not see that and were not told that in the haste of getting our stuff unloaded in the very minimal front drop off area. We were rushed since other cars were waiting and block street traffic.
It began to feel like an inside job by the valet or a tip off from the hotel valet due to the location of our car in the lot and the fact that no other car was broken into even though I saw personal items in their cars too. Our son's sports equipment was worth at least $800. We learned our lesson the hard way.
We recently received an email from hotel corporation saying that they would not be paying for our window since we assumed all risk while having our car parked in their lot. Like we had any other choice???
The hotel could of at least comped us our two night stay at the least. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family