After a short trip to Hershey, PA, we decided to visit Baltiore. I used TripAdvisor to decide on this hotel, in addition to the fact that I had learned about Residence Inn's 2-bedroom suites. Their suites are the way to go if you're traveling with family. I was traveling with my 2yo son and two adult sisters. They each had a queen bed in one room and my son had a crib in another room with my king size bed. It was perfect to put him to bed in the crib and close the door and then enjoy more of our evening in the huge living area. There is also a full kitchen which was nice. Although we didn't cook, it was nice to have the freezer to restcok our cooler for our road trip home to Chicago.
Upon arrival, a nice guy came right out and explained many aspects of the hotel, including valet service. I know some complained about the cost but I thought it was great....especially the in/out privileges (maybe that's because I'm from Chicago and $50 or more is the norm). While he was explaining that, another nice guy was unloading our luggage and was very happy about it....even though we had a lot of purchases from Hershey. Check in was a breeze and I think we even checked in about 2 hours early. Our suite was on the top floor (15th I think). There was some street noise, but again, we live right downtown in Chicago so we had no trouble sleepig...including the toddler. The bell guy unloaded our luggage and offered several restaurants and other attractions in the area. Within minutes of arriving in our room, the crib was delivered. And about an hour after check in, we received a phone call from the front desk asking if the room was ok. What?!?!?!? I couldn't believe it. That was a really nice touch.
We had breakfast one day in the hotel. It was great and staff was very attentive and friendly. We used the laudry facilities as well which was pretty nice. Although, there is no change machine (front desk will provide change without a problem) and no detergent for purchase...which is no big deal. I was just happy to not have so much laundry to do when I returned home.
If ever in Baltimore again, we know exactly where we will stay and will definitely stay at a Residence Inn in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor is Baltimore, Maryland's premier, downtown all-suite hotel. Our hotel's Inner Harbor Baltimore, MD location is perfect for travelers visiting the city for work or leisure. We offer 188 studio, one, and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and spacious living and dinning areas. Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor is the ideal choice among Baltimore hotels near Inner Harbor for guests visiting for a day, a week, a month, or longer. Located in the heart of Baltimore, business travelers can walk to nearly any office in the city, and we are just steps away from the Baltimore Convention Center and the Baltimore Courthouse. Leisure guests can walk two blocks to Baltimore’s famed Inner Harbor to visit the US Constellation or the multitude of shops and restaurants on the waterfront. Our hotel is situated perfectly for you to experience all of the best that Baltimore has to offer. If you are a sports enthusiasts, you may want to pre-game at our 17 Light on-site restaurant and lounge. Our guests love the fact that Oriole Park at Camden Yards is close by, and M&T Bank Stadium and the First Mariner Arena are within walking distance of our accommodations. Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/ Inner Harbor is an excellent choice if you are planning a meeting or a group event as well. Our hotel has 1,100 square feet of meeting space, which can accommodate fully catered events for up to 80 people. Should you want to eat at our hotel, our on-site restaurant and lounge is open for lunch and dinner, and for room service during limited hours. Our restaurant also features happy hour specials Monday through Friday. We invite you to come replenish in our hotel after a long day of meetings or touring “Charm City”, and enjoy American Cuisine as well as some Baltimore favorites too. Kick back, relax, and enjoy a beer, glass of wine, or your favorite cocktail before taking the elevator home to your room. Come experience 17 Light Restaurant & Lounge and stay in our Baltimore accommodations! We offer easy access to Baltimore’s top medical facilities, and Johns Hopkins Hospital and University centers provide our guests with complimentary shuttle service to and from our hotel. The University of Maryland Medical Center and Mercy Hospital are also convenient to our accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Marriott so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown
- Baltimore Residence Inn