Recently stayed here for 2 weeks and had an overall excellent experience.
Location: Excellent. The hotel is 2 blocks from the bustling center of activity in the Inner Harbor (near the USS Constellation) and a block from the Charles Center Metro Subway stop (exit Calvert Street). There's a supermarket 3 blocks away (north) on Charles Street, a pharmacy half a block away, a convenience store across the street.
Room: Very good. The 1 bedroom studio was very comfortable and clean with modern amenities including two LCD TVs and a kitchen with stove, full size refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher and a full set of dishware for four, and pots/pans and covered storage containers. There is a small dining table with chairs for two. I cooked on most nights and cleaned up but found that housekeeping was very attentive, sometimes even running my few remaining dishes and my through the dishwasher for me.
The workspace was adequate with a full table next to electrical outlets and the room had both wired and wireless connections (included in the room charge as usual for Residence Inn). Internet speed was a little slow averaging around 0.5 Mbps downstream.
The bed was a little soft for my taste and wasn't the full luxurious bedding offered at the flagship Marriott hotels, but otherwise was comfortable. There was generous closet space and separate sink from the toilet and shower/bath.
Bar/Restaurant: There is a small, pleasant bar/restaurant downstairs that offers specials on many nights of the week. I enjoyed a burger and sweet potato tots that were very good.
Breakfast was offered (also included in room rate) in a separate downstairs area that sometimes became crowded at peak times. The selections were quite varied with scrambled eggs, a breakfast meat, some type of potatoes and another hot item (sometimes breakfast sandwiches, etc), a variety of yogurts, breads, and two DIY waffle makers. Apple, orange, and cranberry juice cocktail were all available. There was ample coffee in the breakfast area as well as coffee and hot water available 24 hours near the elevators. Awesome! Staff at the restaurants were very friendly and welcoming.
Other amenities: Laundry room offered an ample number of modern front load washers and powerful dryers (able to dry two average sized wash loads in one machine on a single cycle). Quarters and detergent are available at the front desk for purchase.
The exercise room was small but available 24 hours and had modern treadmills with individual TVs and a small selection of dumb bell free weights. Business center/library offers free laser printing.
Safety: The hotel felt very safe and there were usually two door men present at the main entrance at all hours. The area immediately around the hotel also seemed fairly safe.
Overall, this is a very good hotel in an excellent location. I will stay here again for both business and pleasure and would gladly bring my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor is Baltimore, Maryland's premier, downtown all-suite hotel. Our hotel's Inner Harbor Baltimore, MD location is perfect for travelers visiting the city for work or leisure. We offer 188 studio, one, and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and spacious living and dinning areas. Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor is the ideal choice among Baltimore hotels near Inner Harbor for guests visiting for a day, a week, a month, or longer. Located in the heart of Baltimore, business travelers can walk to nearly any office in the city, and we are just steps away from the Baltimore Convention Center and the Baltimore Courthouse. Leisure guests can walk two blocks to Baltimore’s famed Inner Harbor to visit the US Constellation or the multitude of shops and restaurants on the waterfront. Our hotel is situated perfectly for you to experience all of the best that Baltimore has to offer. If you are a sports enthusiasts, you may want to pre-game at our 17 Light on-site restaurant and lounge. Our guests love the fact that Oriole Park at Camden Yards is close by, and M&T Bank Stadium and the First Mariner Arena are within walking distance of our accommodations. Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/ Inner Harbor is an excellent choice if you are planning a meeting or a group event as well. Our hotel has 1,100 square feet of meeting space, which can accommodate fully catered events for up to 80 people. Should you want to eat at our hotel, our on-site restaurant and lounge is open for lunch and dinner, and for room service during limited hours. Our restaurant also features happy hour specials Monday through Friday. We invite you to come replenish in our hotel after a long day of meetings or touring “Charm City”, and enjoy American Cuisine as well as some Baltimore favorites too. Kick back, relax, and enjoy a beer, glass of wine, or your favorite cocktail before taking the elevator home to your room. Come experience 17 Light Restaurant & Lounge and stay in our Baltimore accommodations! We offer easy access to Baltimore’s top medical facilities, and Johns Hopkins Hospital and University centers provide our guests with complimentary shuttle service to and from our hotel. The University of Maryland Medical Center and Mercy Hospital are also convenient to our accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown
- Baltimore Residence Inn