“Really Good”

Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Really Good”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Even if there were no Broadway shows here, this place would be worth a visit just for the history. It is an old theater which once showcased the best of vaudeville. They don’t build places like this anymore. We saw “Lion King” with the kids and the acoustics were great, and there isn’t a bad seat in the house. It is easy to forget you are in Baltimore here and not, say, New York. Plenty of parking as well, another plus.

1 Thank CClore

Fallston, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Theater Response mixed”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

War Horse was a very good show...no problems there. Other positives were the ticket prices--$35 for limited view were a bargain as we were on an aisle in row K. Very little was hard to see...only a bit of action on the far right side of the stage. Excellent staff in VIP Lexus lounge. Gracious ushers. Also friendly service in Hipp Cafe ahead of time; unfortunately, the food there was average at best: salmon in salmon club was terribly dry and turkey BLT wrap was just OK. worst part some warm crab chips that were stale! The real reason I wrote was the Hippodrome's allowance of food and drink during show! This isn't your neighborhood movie house, but folks near us had drinks, popcorn, and candy. Really Annoying, Not necessary! Theater decorum should be a bit more upscale!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Susan F
Davidsonville, MD
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Would have enjoyed the evening if anything went right”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Went to see Blue Man Group. We bought tickets through Ticketmaster including parking in the attached Grand Garage. No way to print a ticket from web site so I brought receipt. Parking garage would not accept receipt and made me pay to enter. The prepay of $11 was supposed to save me $2 but in fact the parking fee was $9. Person at box office had apparently been dealing with all evening. She was very nice, gave me a ticket that I had to walk back to the garage and give the attendant in order to get my $9 back. I told Box office person about overcharge and said to find her during intermission. But there was no intermission! So out the difference in the parking fee and Ticketmaster's cut and had to run around like a banchee between garage and box office. When an evening at the theater starts off like that, it is really hard to relax and enjoy the evening. While I enjoy Blue Man Group very much, I was disappointed that it was exactly the same show as in Chicago 5 years ago. No new material? Buy the DVD and save yourself the hassle of going to the Hippodrome. If you have never seen Blue Man Group, see them. But only once since it is just a rerun. Better yet, go to DC and see The Capital Steps. New material which is very topical every time I have gone. Now that is a great show!

Pittsburgh, PA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Venue!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We went to see The Blue Man Group! Great sound and atmosphere for the show. The staff was polite and courteous. It was very easy to park and locate for out of towners. I would only caution that if you go to a late show, as we did, walk in a group - the area is a little shady.

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“saw jersey boys...amazing”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

the show was amazing...the theatre is beautiful and a man named Thomas working the seating area was very helpful with my family. will go back many many times.

Visited November 2013