“Good Date Night”
Review of Comedy Factory

Comedy Factory
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We saw Paul Mecurio and he was fantastic and friendly. The show was interactive and the crowd was amazing. Getting up to the showroom was a bit strange as we had to wait in line on the stairs in the dark. The prices aren't bad for the area and I appreciate that the drinks must be bumped up to pay the bills. We didn't order food that is catered but others said it was decent. A good time and we do plan to go back.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I went to see Milton Howery and had so much fun came back the following week to See Hal Sparks. Had a great time both times, both acts were hilarious.
I was surprised to see some of the negative comments, I had a great time. I came with a party of six the first time, and me and my wife the second time. I am so glad friends brought us here on some party they won. I will return often, I have been to a few comedy clubs throughout the country and this one seemed just like all the rest.
I didn't eat while i was there, but our drinks were fine. I didn't think they were overly priced, considering tax was included. We went to a bar prior to coming here and the prices were pretty much the same as the bar before we got there.
I look forward to seeing Jay Pharoah in a few weeks.

1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I recently took my girlfriend to see a show at this venue. The venue itself is filthy. The drinks are severely overpriced and completely watered-down. What this venue refers to as "food" I would not find suitable to feed to my dogs. We got the pita and hummus thinking that it would be the healthiest choice and found moldy parts of the bread. Once the waitresses are done serving the required two drink, overpriced and watered down minimum, they virtually ignore you until it comes time to pay the bill. Even at that time obtaining the bill and finalizing it was a challenge. It is offensive to me as a consumer that the tip is included in the bill and forced on you. I paid in cash and was asked if I need change. Needless to say it is probably important that they force people to tip because the service, the food, the drinks and the venue are all horrendous.

4  Thank Tonster007
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have been here at least ten times and each time i go I enjoy myself more than the last. I read these reviews and sometimes I don't know what people are thinking. Actually when i go out, I like a place that has a dress code that keeps the riff raff out. So i really don't want to go any place where people where hoodies and droopy pants, so anyone that has a problem with that, I probably wouldn't want to be around them.
Two-drink minimum is pretty standard for comedy clubs, so obviously these people have never been to a comedy club. I usually order beers and wife orders frozen drinks and she loves them.
I have used promotions before and if you follow the rules, it is a great deal. Arrive early, print out your passess.........if you follow the rules it flows great. I have brought many people to this club and many continually go there. I appreciate that the club provides inexpensive ways for people to enjoy a dying art form in this region, stand up comedy. If me and my wife can go out for under $100 and see a show, have some drinks...we think it is a steal.
I will continue to come here and bring friends and recommend this place to anyone that asks

1  Thank Mark W
See more reviews
Reviewed April 29, 2013

As you arrive at the venue where the Comedy Factory is located you undergo an inspection to ensure you are not wearing pants that droop to much or a hoodie, which should have been the first hint that this wasn't the place for us. The drinks were terrible (our second drink was bottled water) and the sound system mediocre, The comedians were funny, but it was difficult to hear all of their material. To leave the Comedy Factory you need a ticket that proves that you purchased two drinks. Unfortunately our waitress never returned with our tickets after we paid the bill. After looking for the waitress we exited to the lobby and attempted to talk with the security personnel. They informed us that it was our problem and we were not allowed to leave without a ticket. We finally spoke with the head of security and after much discussion convinced him to find the waitress for us. He located her and she told him we paid the bill. We were then allowed to leave. The security personnel was physically pushy, rude and refused to apologize. Needless to say I will never go there again.

3  Thank George S