“Strange comedy club”
Review of Comedy Factory

Comedy Factory
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went here with a coupon for the show which was to include a free drink. What the coupon doesn't tell you (although it says so on the web site) is that the free drink is at the bar outside the club door and doesn't count toward the 2-drink minimum and those drinks are pricy and not very good; I would stick with the beer. The comedian headliner was really good and the 2 others were good also. But if they're going to charge that much for drinks they should be decent. I had some red drink which had no ice; was very strong but not good tasting. The second was a rum and coke and I guess it was the cheapest rum they could get. The bouncers were fine and everything was very controlled.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I’m assuming this is the comedy club in/near the Power Factory on Market.

We saw a national headliner here. As visitors to Baltimore we were pleasantly surprised that we were able to get tickets to this caliber of act the day of the show. N.B. if you don’t purchase VIP tickets get there early or you may be stuck downstairs before the show. It’s much more pleasant to be upstairs at the lobby bar which is inexplicably decorated like a scene from the movie Jaws including a large plastic shark biting a surfboard.

The funniest thing of the night was the bouncer who jumped behind the small bar to help the overwhelmed barmaid. He didn’t know how to make many drinks but he poured with the heavy hand of a frat boy rather than a stingy club owner; most of his drinks contained at least 3 shots of booze.

The inside is a typical comedy club where they jam you in; it’s not easy to find the non-reserved tables in the front. Hint: they are on the other side of the room from the entrance.

Going to the bathroom is . . . interesting. You walk down a hall behind a curtain then go through a unisex door. It’s unnerving if you aren’t expecting it. From there you walk a labyrinthine maze of halls until you come to bathrooms that apparently service the whole office building not just the Comedy Club.

I had to laugh at the number of signs reminding you that they have a two drink minimum but I suspect that there are still people who claim ignorance of this I had to wonder how the recipients of the bouncer’s strong cocktails made out after they drank their additional 2 drinks. Consumption at the lobby bar doesn’t count toward the minimum. Although bottled water does count they were charging $3.75. YIKES.

1  Thank dalm0m
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I enjoy seeing the comics that headline the Comedy Factory but I absolutely hate the ignorant, rude, power tripping bouncers!! It is not my fault that most of them didn't go very far educationally so I don't appreciate them treating me and others like we're criminals. Most of them especially this extremely ignorant and rude light skinned brother don't have a clue as to how to speak to customers. Everybody that comes to the Comedy Factory isn't ghetto and shouldn't be treated as such. But really if everyone was ghetto they still shouldn't be treated so disrespectfully. I'm proud of my job too but unlike this brother and a couple of the other bouncers, I'm not on some mall cop power trip. The way the bouncers act makes it difficult for me to even want to come back to the Comedy Factory. I'm hoping that maybe the bouncers can take some kind of customer service training course; that is of course if they can read and comprehend.

2  Thank Cassandra C
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We enjoyed a great show! Drinks were a little pricey but I expected it. The crowd was extremely small for the late show but we still had a great time.