“Nice first experience to Baltimore theaters”
Review of Center Stage

Center Stage
Ranked #51 of 247 things to do in Baltimore
More attraction details
Owner description: The State Theater of Maryland, CENTERSTAGE is currently celebrating its 50th Anniversary Season. The not-for-profit company serves as Maryland’s hub for smart, provocative, and entertaining theater and as a catalyst for conversation with the community.Each year, a consistently broad range of productions in two intimate performing spaces attracts highly diverse audiences of more than 100,000 people—including more than 8,000 fiercely loyal members, many of whom have been with the theater during its entire history. Additionally, CENTERSTAGE offers a variety of dramaturgical, community, and educational programs to broaden access and enhance the theatergoing experience. Our Mission Statement: CENTERSTAGE is an artistically driven institution committed to engaging, educating, and expanding the horizons of diverse audiences through challenging, bold, thought-provoking classical and contemporary theater. Values central to our mission are: Rigorous pursuit of excellence Courage to take risks Commitment to diversity and inclusion Belief in continual learning, exploration, and discovery Fiscal integrity
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friend and I went to see The Mountaintop yesterday to celebrate my birthday and it was a great way to begin the birthday celebrations. Our seats were perfect and for the price we paid, better than I expected. The theater was larger than I expected and we were pleasantly surprised with everything from beginning to end. I would definitely recommend this theater and come back again soon.

All reviews
"play"
in 16 reviews
"stages"

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I are always glad that we go to Center Stage. We hold season tickets, get just a little dressed up, and have a night of dinner and a show. Our tickets include parking garage passes right across the street. Great benefit compared to finding a spot on the street. We like to have a local dinner and this time was at the close by Iggies for Pizza. The shows at Center Stage are held in either of their two theaters. They have a beautiful lobby that includes a limited menu restaurant. But you come for the shows. The actors are top notch and the shows are always well done. You cannot lose when taking in a show at Center Stage!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

You cannot go wrong in picking any one of the varied selections offered at this theater in the round. All seats are excellent, direction, acting and stage production are top notch. We saw The Mountain Top this time around. Liked this company so much, I drove in from Phila to take in a performance.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Center Stage hosts wonderful theatre including shows like "Poe" and "My America". They also have one of the best theatre camps in Baltimore.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Center stage is well located in Baltimore, with a parking garage right across the street. We have been able to find on street parking for free most of the time. There is a nice small restaurant for before the show, and a great small bar as well. The theaters are small, and almost every seat is perfect for enjoying a play. Sets are amazing, especially for a small venue, and the performances are exellent. I wish the lobby seating was laid out less like an airport waiting room.

Go see a play here.