“Warm & Comfortable Place to Stay”

Wilson House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 11 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 5, 2010

We chose the Wilson House B&B primarily because we were looking for a place to stay near Johns Hopkins University that was not a standard hotel. It was wonderful. The room was cozy and big enough for us to spread out in. We even had a large walk-in closet! Breakfast always had that special touch and the hosts were delightful.

1  Thank TravelingJoy456

Reviewed November 8, 2010

We loved it!!! My wife & I stayed there for our anniversary. Coincidentally we got a free upgrade to the Master Suite. The rooms were big and spacious. The common areas were beautifully decorated. The hospitality and generorosity of the owners, Guy & Clelia, exceeded our expectations. Its a great place to stay and would do so next time we travel to Baltimore.

1  Thank bclemens12
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I had my first B&B experience at the Wilson House Halloween weekend. The owners Guy and Clelia were kind and accomodating. The house was absolutely amazing with hidden nooks and unique items everywhere you looked. There are a number a different rooms to stay. We stayed in the Peach Room which we were told is the most private. Clelia accomodated my food allergies by avoiding eggs and making gluten free waffles specifically for me. I enjoyed eating at the communal breakfast table and conversing with the other guests while guy made sure our orange juice, water and coffee were always filled. Close to all the Baltimore sights, I definately plan to stay in this historic cozy home the next time I'm visiting Bmore!

1  Thank antied77
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Wilson House B & B at one of Baltimore's truly historic homes. It was easy access to Light Rail to downtown, convenient to amazing restaurants and downtown sights. We had a wonderful time both in town and at the house. The B & B had plenty of interesting rooms to read and visit in and the owners were full of delightful stories. It couldn't have worked out any better.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2010

A bit Alice in Wonderland, a bit of South America, a bit of American history. The Wilson House is a fantastic old restored Queen Anne mansion piled onto a corner in the Reservoir Hill neighborhood close to the Maryland Institute College of Art. The hostess is from Peru, the host is retired from the Navy. Very friendly people. Even though the house is close to Jones Falls Freeway, the inside is quiet and filled with interesting antiques and knickknacks. A delicious and healthy breakfast featuring fresh fruit was served on exquisite German china. The house also has a small apartment available for extended stays. I loved it!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Stately old house filled with interesting items, old-time tin crown moulding running along a ceiling in the bedroom we had was also intriguing. Thoughtfully prepared breakfast on elegant china rounded out the experience. Worked quite well for our one-day getaway, and would suggest it as an option for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle (though the highway's in earshot, the pace inside is old-world). Watch directions carefully as a wrong turn can take you into unwanted territory that isn't as civilized; on-street parking means leaving nothing obvious on the car's seats overnight (always a good plan, but especially suggested here).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1MoreReviewer
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I stayed for three nights on a business trip. The hosts happily accommodated my very late check-in and my request for a desk fan. They prepared simplified but attractive breakfasts for my early departures on two mornings, and a tasty full breakfast the one morning I had more time. The room was private, clean, large, well-equipped, and plenty quiet if you added a small amount of white noise. I'm pretty picky about noise, but did not find the traffic noises to be either loud or troublesome. And all at a price lower than the decent hotels in the area. As an example of how attentive the hosts were: one morning I used a travel iron and left it out among my things. When I returned that evening I found that an ironing mat had been brought to the room for me.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business