“The Best of B & B's” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Lynn Haven, Florida
“The Best of B & B's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband & I stayed just one night at Wilson House, but wished it had been longer & will definitely return. The house is beautiful with gorgeous oak woodwork & paneling. There are wonderful collections all over the downstairs that are fascinating to browse through. A glass of wine in the afternoon & a delicious breakfast were treats. Owners are warm & charming!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We wish you had stayed longer too, Phyllis! But we're happy to hear you're looking forward to visiting us again. Thanks for the thoughtful recommendation!

Take care,
Guy, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My stay in Baltimore was great at the Wilson House. Guy and Clelia were very friendly and extremely helpful; it was nice eating the superb breakfast prepared by Clelia while listening to the adventurous life of Guy. I had the impression to be at home. Definitely recommend the place!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
"I had the impression to be at home" — that's exactly what we want for each of our guests. Thanks for the recommendation, Alberto! Celia and I so enjoyed getting to know you, and we hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're planning a trip to Baltimore.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Super friendly innkeepers, extremely accommodating. Left some belongings and they were immediately shipped to me. The house was in excellent condition for such an old historic building. Be sue to ask the innkeeper about his distinguished career as the coast guard science advisor.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you stayed with us when you were in Baltimore. It was a pleasure getting to know you, and I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're headed this way!

Until then,
State College, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Wilson House and felt the warm of the hosts from the 1st minute!!

Guy is so friendly and it's so interesting to talk with!! Breakfast made by Celia is soooooo delicious and amazing that we would never forget! Everyday they offer different breakfast with great coffee and such a warm enviroment!! It's so interesting to have some small talks with Guy about his experiences around the world!!

We are just students traveling to Baltimore for conference, Guy also gave us useful advise on transportation, even gave me a ride to Greyhound station that is pretty far away.

I could never forget this unique and warm experience!! Hope we can meet some time soon, dear Guy and Celia :D

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thanks for reaching out via TripAdvisor! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you. I know Celia will appreciate your compliments on her cooking, and we hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're headed to Baltimore!

Cheers,
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at the Wilson House B and B this past July and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was large, comfortable and spotless. We were passing through Baltimore and wanted a place that was convenient to the Inner Harbor. I 83 is almost immediately outside the door of the B and B, but yet, no noise disturbed our sleep. In ten minutes we were right in the middle of all of the fun of the Inner Harbor of Baltimore. The next time we will be in Baltimore, we will not hesitate to go back to the Wilson House Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for the recommendation, Al! Knowing that you think ours is what a B&B should be is both flattering and humbling — a compliment I guarantee isn't taken lightly. We look forward to having you back next time you're in Baltimore!

Until then,
Guy & Clelia, Owners and Operators
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with a friend, and have no hesitation in recommending this B & B. Our hosts, Guy and Clelia Thomas were lovely and extremely interesting people who made our stay most memorable. The breakfasts were delicious, and changed daily. The house is filled with antiques Guy has collected in his world travels, and he loves telling stories about his treasures. Our room was very large and comfortable. It is very reasonably priced. We happily accepted recommendations for restaurants, sight-seeing and public transit as, after a longish drive from Canada, we were happy to leave the car parked on the street for a couple of days. We would definitely return, and are very happy to give a two thumbs up recommendation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
A two thumbs up recommendation? Wow! What a flattering and humbling compliment. It was our pleasure to host you during your trip to Baltimore, and I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're down this way.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I booked my room through TripAdvisor and soon got a welcoming email from Guy, who with his wife Clelia own and operate Wilson House. He asked for my cell phone number and provided his. When I told him that I would be arriving at the Baltimore Amtrak station the evening of my arrival, Guy offered to pick me up. We coordinated this via cell phones. That's service!

I was in the Avian Room at the top of the house. Even though it was very hot outside, thanks to both central A/C and an auxilliary window unit, my room was comfortably cool. I had ample space in the bedroom, and both an adjacent full bath and a sitting room with additional TV. I slept well.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent, with lots of freshly cut fruit in a fruit salad and as a topping on a freshly made whole-wheat waffle. Yogurt, juice and coffee as well.

My only quibble was that the house wifi signal was too weak to reach my top-floor room. I didn't really need it, however, and in other parts of the house it worked fine. Guy knows about this and is trying to find a way to boost the signal.

Room Tip: Wifi didn't reach top floor room -- look for a lower level if this is important to you.