Wilson House Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Brexton(Baltimore)
Midtown Inn(Baltimore)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswilson roomprivate bathfine chinabolton hilldetailed emailflower roomcharming hostshost hostesslovely homeopen housebreakfast was deliciousother guestslite railsitting roominner harborwould highly recommend staying herepublic spaces
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Wilson House and felt the warm of the hosts from the 1st minute!!

Guy is so friendly and it's so interesting to talk with!! Breakfast made by Celia is soooooo delicious and amazing that we would never forget! Everyday they offer different breakfast with great coffee and such a warm enviroment!! It's so interesting to have some small talks with Guy about his experiences around the world!!

We are just students traveling to Baltimore for conference, Guy also gave us useful advise on transportation, even gave me a ride to Greyhound station that is pretty far away.

I could never forget this unique and warm experience!! Hope we can meet some time soon, dear Guy and Celia :D

• Stayed: August 2013
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thanks for reaching out via TripAdvisor! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you. I know Celia will appreciate your compliments on her cooking, and we hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're headed to Baltimore!

Cheers,

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at the Wilson House B and B this past July and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was large, comfortable and spotless. We were passing through Baltimore and wanted a place that was convenient to the Inner Harbor. I 83 is almost immediately outside the door of the B and B, but yet, no noise disturbed our sleep. In ten minutes we were right in the middle of all of the fun of the Inner Harbor of Baltimore. The next time we will be in Baltimore, we will not hesitate to go back to the Wilson House Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thanks for the recommendation, Al! Knowing that you think ours is what a B&B should be is both flattering and humbling — a compliment I guarantee isn't taken lightly. We look forward to having you back next time you're in Baltimore!

Until then,
Guy & Clelia, Owners and Operators

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with a friend, and have no hesitation in recommending this B & B. Our hosts, Guy and Clelia Thomas were lovely and extremely interesting people who made our stay most memorable. The breakfasts were delicious, and changed daily. The house is filled with antiques Guy has collected in his world travels, and he loves telling stories about his treasures. Our room was very large and comfortable. It is very reasonably priced. We happily accepted recommendations for restaurants, sight-seeing and public transit as, after a longish drive from Canada, we were happy to leave the car parked on the street for a couple of days. We would definitely return, and are very happy to give a two thumbs up recommendation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

A two thumbs up recommendation? Wow! What a flattering and humbling compliment. It was our pleasure to host you during your trip to Baltimore, and I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're down this way.

Best,

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I booked my room through TripAdvisor and soon got a welcoming email from Guy, who with his wife Clelia own and operate Wilson House. He asked for my cell phone number and provided his. When I told him that I would be arriving at the Baltimore Amtrak station the evening of my arrival, Guy offered to pick me up. We coordinated this via cell phones. That's service!

I was in the Avian Room at the top of the house. Even though it was very hot outside, thanks to both central A/C and an auxilliary window unit, my room was comfortably cool. I had ample space in the bedroom, and both an adjacent full bath and a sitting room with additional TV. I slept well.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent, with lots of freshly cut fruit in a fruit salad and as a topping on a freshly made whole-wheat waffle. Yogurt, juice and coffee as well.

My only quibble was that the house wifi signal was too weak to reach my top-floor room. I didn't really need it, however, and in other parts of the house it worked fine. Guy knows about this and is trying to find a way to boost the signal.

Room Tip: Wifi didn't reach top floor room -- look for a lower level if this is important to you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for your review! It's great to hear from you via TripAdvisor. We like for each of our guests to have an exceptional time when they stay with us, and I'm thrilled that this was the case for you.

I'm still working on boosting the wireless signal to the top floor. Thanks again for bringing that to my attention!

Best,

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here while visiting friends on the north side of the city. Have visited the south side many times (Glen Burnie, Curtis Bay) but never in the north. Was pleasantly surprised at what was around in this part of the city. Chose the place based on cost and proximity to friends. Discovered some gems associated with the location; plenty of free on street parking, the interesting architecture of Reservoir Hill, Druid Hills Park and the conservatory. There is not much within walking distance right around the place. It fronts on a street which parallels I-83 from the hillside. When outside there is a high level of road noise, however during our stay in the Woodrow Wilson room (which is on street side) the road noise was not noticeable enough to be distracting. It did not interfere with sleeping. Breakfast each day was varied and prepared fresh. It was delicious. It is a multi-course presentation of fruit, yogurt, granola, warm honey, juice, coffee, water, and a very tasty hot serving. The coffee is a wonderful blend which is rich and smooth. I miss it today.
The house is a wonderful older home with beautiful woodwork and parquet flooring which is literally filled with mementos of the host's career and travels. It must be a challenge to keep it as clean as it is. The Wilson Room bed was a bit firmer than my bed at home, but I still slept well under the soft sheets and the ceiling fan.
Clelia is a most gracious hostess and a truly talented cook, Guy is genial and conversational and always willing to share a career story or travel observation. We would be pleased to stay here again on another visit to "The Charm City."

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vafedtraveller
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review us! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed staying at our place when you were in Baltimore visiting friends, and I'm even more delighted to hear you were able to explore a different part of the city. Other reviewers certainly will appreciate your recommendation as much as I do!

Safe travels.