“Absolutely Wonderful!”

Wilson House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 11 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights. For me this was my first B & B experience. We were both absolutely delighted. The food was great and the place is gorgeous. We felt right at home and very comfortable staying there. Guy & Clelcia are wonderful innkeepers and made us feel so welcome. They know the area so well and were so kind to help us figure out how to get places. We would stay there again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn S

Reviewed February 9, 2012

My husband and I often stay at B&Bs in the mid-price range. He had surgery at UMMC and I needed a room for one night. I was delighted that Wilson House, although lower priced, was high-end in every way. The house was spacious, with premium decor and the innkeepers were wonderful. I was able to exchange an evening snack of crackers, cheese, mixed nuts, fruit, and wine for breakfast. I highly recommend this location for discriminating adults.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cynthia M
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed here 3 nights for a conference in November 2011. The Inn is grand and my room was immaculate and large - I had more than enough space to do yoga in my room. The innkeeper, Guy, went out of his way to give me rides to my conference and even to dinner. He gave me suggestions on the best places to eat and help me get acclimated to the area. I found out that Reservoir Hill was close to a lot of wonderful restaurants and right down the street from the University of Baltimore. The breakfasts made by his wife, Clelia, were delicious and healthy. I also enjoyed the conversations with Guy about his Coast Guard travels and the time he meet his wife. I wanted to stay in a place where I felt comfortable because I was traveling solo. Guy and Clelia's hospitality exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I happened to be in Baltimore for a concert at the Hippodrome and wanted to stay someplace close and comfortable. Couldn't have found a better spot. Clelia and Guy made me feel welcome throughout my stay with wonderful hospitality, entertaining conversation, a superb breakfast cooked to order and a very nice room with a super comfortable bed and very clean and well appointed bathroom. It could not have been better and I will definitely stay here again whenever my travels bring me to Baltimore.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank GThomasiv
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed overnight after a business meeting. Reservoir Hill is just minutes from downtown by car. I walked in the morning up regal Eutaw Street to Druid Lake. Cecelia kindly made me a gluten-free breakfast with home-baked pancakes. The papaya in the fruit bowl was perfectly ripe. It is a palatial house with lots of naval stuff from Guy's travels in the Coast Guard. I wanted to stay in a place with personal touch. I got it. I highly recommend it....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Midatlantictraveler
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The innkeepers team, husband and wife Guy and Clelia were so helpful giving me rides across the street, around the block and to the train station. They told me the best places to eat and how to buy a lite rail pass. It was too hot to walk to the stop for free Charm City Bus that would take me to inner harbor. They were full of info about Bolton Hill and Reservoir Hill neighborhoods. They showed me a church in Bolton Hill that was full of stained glass and it was open so I could visit. The home is a gracious and spacious brick wedding cake with lots of little porches and other details. I stayed in apartment bedroom but they have everything from cute peach room with shared bath to rooms with private bath to a full apartment in that wedding cake house. It might be next to highway but park promenade is in between you and highway. They tended to my every need and have gorgeous woood all around that they painstakingly took off paint. It is a warm and cozy place. You can not build a house like that today.

Room Tip: the peach room is cheap and has a fine view from fat bay window. I didn't hear any noise from h...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. The hosts were friendly and the rooms well appointed. Lots of stairs here, so if you're sporting a walker or wheelchair, you would have access issues. All the nooks and crannies were fun to explore, though. Our room faced the highway, but I don't recall being bothered by it. Breakfasts were good, though the selections did not vary greatly from day to day. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple