“It depends !”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Baltimore, Maryland
“It depends !”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

So Crab Quarters has good tasteing food , nice bar & restraunt. The service could be better but who cares. So when i went i had a lovely server her name was Ashley. She was very nice and responsive. But there was a problem with this 1 crab i had got at 95"s but this one was like a baby comparried to them so my husband politely asked to see a manger so we can get our moneys worth and so this elderly women Cecile, came out i did not know what to say cause i felt bad for her cause she looked like she could pass away in the next minute . so when she came over she didnt act very eldery she said what do you want . i sat there in shock ! and i said this crab is to small , so she looked at me opened the crab and said well it has alot of meat in it threw the crab on the table and told me to eat it . and i said no you just put your hands on that. so she walked in the back mumbelying enough to where i could make out what that old hag was saying . So we decided to leave the food was great we gave ashley a great tip but i will refuse to go there cause of that miserable edlery woman . that restraunt would have more bussiness if it was not for that old hag !

2 Thank Karenhatescq

Baltimore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They have crabs, when no one else does...”
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I have to laugh at the last two comments. You are on here to comment on the food, service, over all experience, but you are clearly attacking how another choses to look...who really cares if they tan or not, or if they are tan or not. People in glass houses should not throw stones. But, to stoop to the level of descriptive name calling, is quite immature of the persons posting.

I frequent this place on a regular basis in the warmer weather months, and have experienced service that was not upto par, but then again, I have to consider the circumstances. As one person in the most recent two posts indicated about the air conditioning not working, I was there that same weekend, but I was ALSO TOLD that it was not working, and given a choice to stay or leave. I stayed, just as you did. So, why complain about it...you had a choice. Plus, I have noticed a few new faces, which takes time for anyone to get used to. And, who is to say running around a restaurant without air conditioning did not wear another out? This person was complaining about it being hot, can you imagine doing their job then, and you were sitting?

As for the crabs, I for one think they are the best around, and heard other tables mention the same over the years.

Gratuity: Complaints about the gratuity being added to the check? Obviously you had a party of 6 or more as I have noticed on the menu...thus would be added. As it would be in any restaurant. Double T Diner adds gratuity on ALL of their evening checks, including a party of two.

I think if more people actually reviewed the restaurants, hotels, etc, and put themselves in the shoes of being critiqued, they might not be so immature or harsh, and a little more understanding. Don't be so cruel and judgemental....actual facts pertaining to the review is more helpful.

As for Crab Quarters, they do have the some of the best crabs around, huge homemade crab cakes (I always take one home for the next day), maryland crab soup (like my grandmother used to make-my favorite), shrimp salsa dip, etc. I have had a waitress there that always remembers us, and what we drink and eat...will even go out of her way to make some of the best sweet tea when they do not even serve it.

Each person reviewing will be different, but I think anyone owes it to themself to try it, especially if they want to experience great crabs, and seemingly great service (that I have received).

1 Thank crabeater1
Baltimore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rip Off”
Reviewed May 6, 2010

My family and I went to Crab Quarters last weekend. From the minute we got there it was
unpleasant. I had made reservations, but they didn't have them or the table ready for our party of 8. The restaurant wasn't even crowded. We waited while they put the tables together. Then a grouchy waitress, older with blonde hair, came out to take our orders.
She was so unfriendly and acted like we were a bother. We gave her our order and she came back getting about half of it correct. The air conditioning wasn't working and it was very warm in there. After waiting at least an hour we were served crabs that were not hot at all. They were dry inside and many smelled funny. The waitress didn't come back to check to see if we needed anything else. We told her the crabs weren't hot and she said she just watched them come off the steamer - which was clearly a lie. When we asked for the check we could not believe that she added quite a hefty tip for herself for doing nothing but acting rude. I know that at least 8 people will never go back there again, and
after we spread the word maybe many more will not take the chance of being served food that could make you sick, nasty people, and ripping us off for a tip she didn't deserve any of.

1 Thank abbysmom757
baltimore
“Only the Best”
Reviewed October 14, 2009

so i went out the other day craving some seafood. so i stopped into this place called crab quarters. i was greeted at the door by a extremely nice hostess. i was waiting for a friend of mine so i stopped into the bar. which by the way, had amazing drink specials. probably the best in town!! The bartender waiting on me was very personable and catering. When my friend showed up we moved into the dining room, where we were waited on by a very nice waitress. we enjoyed extremely large crabs. they were heavy, well seasoned and overall 10 out of 10. Our waitress then told us about their sunday ravens game on their 9 ft screen. THEY WILL DEFENITLY SEE ME AGAIN

Harford County, Maryland
“Monster crabs!”
Reviewed June 24, 2008

We hadn't been to Crab Quarters in many years since moving from White Marsh, so we stopped in on Memorial Day Monday around 12:30pm. The service was great, but it wasn't busy--yet. The waitress even handed the remote for the nearby TV.

We ordered the cream of crab soup, some steamed shrimp, and a dozen of the $96/dozen crabs. THEY WERE MONSTERS!!

I haven't had steamed crabs that big in 20 years even from Baltimore's more famous top 10 crab houses!

Unfortunately, theese monsters weren't from the Chesapeake, but alas Texas will do, since everything is big from Texas. ;-)

I don't mind paying $96/dozen for monsters like these.

We will definitely be coming back soon!