“I will never go there again!”
Review of Crab Quarters

Crab Quarters
Ranked #768 of 2,039 Restaurants in Baltimore
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“I will never go there again!”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We went there before reading the reviews here. What a mistake! I have no idea if the food is good or not, I just know that we were seated quickly...restaurant was not full. Sat there for over twenty minutes and were NEVER approached by the wait staff. It could have been overlooked if the place was packed...but there were maybe six other groups eating and the help...if you called them that...were busy talking. One waitress even cleaned the table behind us but totally ignored that we were there. Needless to say, I now understand why the place had so many empty tables on a Saturday night during the dinner rush hour. They need to get staff who understands what good customer service is and how it's done. They certainly FAIL in that catergory!

• Visited March 2012

“Awful! XL crabs were over done and barely over legal size!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

A party of 6, we got crab dip, shrimp salsa and 2 dozen of the extra large Maryland crabs. The dip and salsa were ok but our crabs were no where near XL. They were also very over cooked (the meat was very mushy). When we addressed the problem the "manager" offered to get us another dozen because some were " a little small". The 3rd dozen were at least steamed properly. The other problem was the 6 ears of corn that we ordered that turned out to be over $13.00!!!

Baltimore, Maryland
“One Opportunity for Customer Service”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Recently my wife, daughter and I visited the Crab Quarters. It was our first visit and last. You have only one opportunity for customer service and they Blew It. When we walked in the door I explain to the young lady that this was our first time visiting the establishment. I’m a person who values the money I spend, so I value customer service. After being seated in an un-crowed restaurant it took 7 minutes for a waitress to come to the table. Once she did arrive we simply got up and left. This is an establishment who needs to take a class on time management and customer service.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank Owens1
“It depends !”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

So Crab Quarters has good tasteing food , nice bar & restraunt. The service could be better but who cares. So when i went i had a lovely server her name was Ashley. She was very nice and responsive. But there was a problem with this 1 crab i had got at 95"s but this one was like a baby comparried to them so my husband politely asked to see a manger so we can get our moneys worth and so this elderly women Cecile, came out i did not know what to say cause i felt bad for her cause she looked like she could pass away in the next minute . so when she came over she didnt act very eldery she said what do you want . i sat there in shock ! and i said this crab is to small , so she looked at me opened the crab and said well it has alot of meat in it threw the crab on the table and told me to eat it . and i said no you just put your hands on that. so she walked in the back mumbelying enough to where i could make out what that old hag was saying . So we decided to leave the food was great we gave ashley a great tip but i will refuse to go there cause of that miserable edlery woman . that restraunt would have more bussiness if it was not for that old hag !

2 Thank Karenhatescq
Baltimore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They have crabs, when no one else does...”
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I have to laugh at the last two comments. You are on here to comment on the food, service, over all experience, but you are clearly attacking how another choses to look...who really cares if they tan or not, or if they are tan or not. People in glass houses should not throw stones. But, to stoop to the level of descriptive name calling, is quite immature of the persons posting.

I frequent this place on a regular basis in the warmer weather months, and have experienced service that was not upto par, but then again, I have to consider the circumstances. As one person in the most recent two posts indicated about the air conditioning not working, I was there that same weekend, but I was ALSO TOLD that it was not working, and given a choice to stay or leave. I stayed, just as you did. So, why complain about it...you had a choice. Plus, I have noticed a few new faces, which takes time for anyone to get used to. And, who is to say running around a restaurant without air conditioning did not wear another out? This person was complaining about it being hot, can you imagine doing their job then, and you were sitting?

As for the crabs, I for one think they are the best around, and heard other tables mention the same over the years.

Gratuity: Complaints about the gratuity being added to the check? Obviously you had a party of 6 or more as I have noticed on the menu...thus would be added. As it would be in any restaurant. Double T Diner adds gratuity on ALL of their evening checks, including a party of two.

I think if more people actually reviewed the restaurants, hotels, etc, and put themselves in the shoes of being critiqued, they might not be so immature or harsh, and a little more understanding. Don't be so cruel and judgemental....actual facts pertaining to the review is more helpful.

As for Crab Quarters, they do have the some of the best crabs around, huge homemade crab cakes (I always take one home for the next day), maryland crab soup (like my grandmother used to make-my favorite), shrimp salsa dip, etc. I have had a waitress there that always remembers us, and what we drink and eat...will even go out of her way to make some of the best sweet tea when they do not even serve it.

Each person reviewing will be different, but I think anyone owes it to themself to try it, especially if they want to experience great crabs, and seemingly great service (that I have received).

1 Thank crabeater1