“Exceptionally bad service”
Review of La Tavola

La Tavola
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tavola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 2,055 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Description: Authentic Venetian style Italian cooking featuring local produce as well as being one of the only restaurants in little Italy that can say that 100% of our pasta is home-made fresh in house
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had dined at La Tavola over the holidays and had a wonderful experience We could not wait to return last night. We were very disappointed. The food was still excellent, but the service was horrible. We repeatedly asked for soft drink refills, not replenished until we were done eating. We were not offered freshly grated cheese for our pasta. And requested more bread, which never arrived. We were essentially put in the corner of the restaurant and forgotten. The restaurant was not overly busy, so that could not have been an excuse.

I do not believe in leaving negative reviews, I always call the restaurant and tell the manager, I think that everybody deserves a second chance. But, since we called the restaurant and they were very non responsive, I feel that it is important to write this review. We did not ask for a refund or free food, we merely wanted them to know that our experience was less than satisfactory.

Oh well, I would not recommend this restaurant and I will not return there again.

There are newer reviews for La Tavola

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were visiting Baltimore and in the mood for Italian. Based on the reviews, we chose this place to enjoy homemade pasta. The atmosphere is lacking and does not feel like a trattoria. The staff appeared frazzled for a Saturday night. We had early reservations but still had to wait until they got their act together. The man that appeared to be either an owner or manager was friendly and apologetic about the wait. Our server was not very attentive. My pasta was delicious however I think it could have been served in a nice rimmed bowl instead of what looked like a salad bowl. We had an amazing dessert that was like a frozen ice cream sundae. It was perfect.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We visited on a busy Saturday night. The food was just mediocre. Neither my date nor myself were impressed. Our bruschetta app was bland and the bread was not toasted,we did not finish it. The entrees were better ,but still lacking in every aspect. I did have a latte after dinner that was great. There is not a chance we would return.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I love Italian food & have enjoyed it in many cities. I had high hopes of an amazing meal with the promise that this restaurant in the ethnic Little Italy made their own pasta (which shouldn't every authentic Italian place do?!) We had a table upstairs in a very generic white banquet like room. The atmosphere was definitely lacking. There were some nice Italian wines by the glass which we tried since we didn't need a whole bottle at the time. Bread was brought to the table with some lovely grassy EVOO in a plate to dip in but the bread itself was cold. Yes, I said cold like it came out of the refrigerator. Not a good start. I had the Lasagna Bolognese which was very rich, tasty but the noodles were almost mush. My husband had the Cappellini Puttanesca which was the proper firmness, nice sharp tang from the anchovies, olives, & good heat from the red pepper. It was as expected, a solid pasta dish. Overall we were disappointed & won't return. It wasn't bad, but I can make better Italian food at home myself.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Went the day after valentine's day. We had a late reservation so by the time we were done the place was practically empty, which was kinda nice. Had a good vibe either way (full or quiet). Was sat right away in the front main dining room. Every single staff member we spoke to was beyond friendly and nice, very warm and welcoming.

The menu wasn't huge by some standards, but everything on it looked tasty and amazing. My fiancee got a spicy seafood pasta, and I got chicken parm, we shared both meals. And got the mista appetizer b/c it was the only way to get the tasty friend calamari.

Everything was just great and I can't wait to go back and bring more people with me!