“Service was fine, despite what some of...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bonaparte Breads
Cuisines: French, American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Fells Point
“Service was fine, despite what some of...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

Service was fine, despite what some of these reviews say. Had a great sandwich and salad in a lovely atmosphere for ten bucks. It's nice to be down by the water, watching songbirds eat the food that the people at the next table left behind.

Baltimore
“Looks like a nice place, but terrible service and hygiene issues-avoid!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

I used to love this place. The service has never been great, and most of the food is barely so-so, but their pastries and breads generally taste great, and they have a beautiful location in Fells Point, with the pleasant ambiance of a French cafe.

Unfortunately, the quality of service has deteriorated below acceptable. They have hired a couple of waitresses, who not only do not know what pastries they sell, but are simply rude and apparently do not care about the basics of hygiene. When I got stomachake from their cakes the first time, I thought it is a fluke. The second time, they have lost a loyal customer. I will go to Daily Grind next time.

2 Thank MartinBaltimore
Sweettroit, MI
“Very good bakery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

After the Urban Pirates cruise, stop here! Their croissant & other pastries are really nice. It does get pretty busy but tough it out - just look around the pastry counter again to decide which of the goodies to get! They had alas sold out of pain du chocolad, so instead I tried their apple croissant which was quite nice.

Alexandria Virginia
“Breakfast in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

I can't speak for the restaurant, although we will be in Fells Point over the Fourth of July and we plan on visiting. We live in the Del Ray neighborhood in the City of Alexandria. Bonaparte sells their baked goods there at the Saturday morning Farmers Market. I am pretty much kicked out of bed in order to be in line when the market opens for their fabulous croissants. By nine am ther are gone, gone, gone.
JCR

Columbia, Maryland
“Customer service and hygiene issue”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

My wife and I went to this restaurant for the first time this last weekend. The place looks like a coffee shop in Paris. As we walked in and waited in front of the registered to get service, the woman that was supposed to greet us and take our order was speaking next to us with what appeared to be her significant other. She didn't say anything just glanced at us and continued her conversation. We politely waited until finally she rolled her eyes up and asked us what we wanted. Soon there after she sneezed while covering her nose with both hands. We assumed that she would wash her hand but she continued to get the pastries we had ordered. I asked her to please wash her hands before she touched anything (she was already touching the plates). She refused. I am a physician and this is a very serious issue for me. When someone is bluntly not caring about hygiene in front of customers you wonder what goes on in the back. I think this is something that the restaurant needs to pay close attention to. Other customers noticed this same issue, a few of us walked out and will not return.

3 Thank bfranco01