“4.5 - Delicious but a Little Pricy”
Review of Bonaparte Breads - CLOSED

Bonaparte Breads
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Recently visited and will be back. A true french-style bakery with great croissants. The hot chocolate was not too sweet but just chocolatey enough with a great layer of whipped cream on top. Quality and service were great, but the croissants are bit pricier than other places, at $5.50 each. Would give 4.5 stars if I could.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Four of us stopped by for coffee and pastries as a start to a 60th birthday celebration for one of the ladies. Some of the birthday scavenger activities the birthday girl had to do was pay with pennies. The staff played along beautifully, was fun, and very supportive. They even gave the birthday girl a small, complimentary snack and wrote "60" in chocolate on the plate. Would highly recommend this place and will return. Often!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had the almond and the chocolate almond croissant. They were good but did not have enough almond paste for my taste. The coffee drinks were good but were not hot enough. There is a nice outdoor seating area.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

When in Baltimore we always take a side trip just to get an Almond Croissant. They are fresh, filled with almond paste and huge. Bonaparte's also has excellent breads and their quiche is superb. Great ambiance and outdoor seating on the waterfront.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I love French pastries and was so happy to try the almond croissants to take out at the Fells Point location last month that I had to return and buy more that week. I was pleasantly surprised to find them at the Dupont Circle Farmer's market in DC on Sundays during my travels. They also sell at the Columbia Pike market in Arlington on Sundays.

I highly recommend the almond croissants, chocolate almond croissants, lemon tarts, and the cranberry walnut bread! The almond croissants are the best I've ever tasted in the DC/VA/MD and NY area. The bread was delicious with fresh salted butter like Kerrygold. If you can only try one thing, please choose the almond croissant!

I wish they also sold Kouign Amann pastries which I can only find in downtown NY at the Dominique Ansel bakery.