“Best Bagels in Baltimore and Amazing Salmon”
Review of Greg's Bagels

Ranked #7 of 48 Bakeries in Baltimore
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Greg's is a Baltimore gem. The variety of bagels is good and the bagels are perfect. There is always a wide assortment of cold and hot smoked salmon. Who knew that there could be so many different flavors of smoked salmon. Sometimes I stop in to get an assortment for party platters, which vaporize instantly on presentation. Yummy. There are also a creative assortment of yummy toppings other than the standard cream cheese and salmon. But the what makes Greg's special is Greg himself. The owner is a sweet kind man who makes you feel welcome into his home every time you walk into the shop, and his staff follow suit.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went there last Saturday with my daughters to have breakfast. Place was packed, bagel selection is good. Ordered a sausage and egg on a plain bagel. It was superb! Just enough chewiness. Kids loves theirs too. Received many awards from local papers. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Greg's offers a different selection of bagels including chocolate and hot pepper, and "cornmeal and pecan. A great selection of smoked salmons too. I had a bagel with curried chicken that was just perfectly spicy. Our party also had a turkey and cheese on bagel they pronounced delicious. Owner Greg is on hand to make sure everything runs smoothly, and service was great. Go there!

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

One of our favorite eateries in Baltimore.
Totally unpretentious and bare boned decor. But who cares when the bagels are just right.... Not too hard or too chewy. Just the right consistency. And there are all the old favourites from plain to the total combo. There is a large variety of smoked salmon from all over the world. And I prefer smoked salmon to lox anyway. Coffe is always good. And my wife and adult children always enjoy the egg/bagel combos.
And to top it off, there is always Greg to chat to, A shambling bear of a man who just happens to have an economics degree. Where else does a restaurant owner have an advanced degree and actually serve and talk to his customers!
The only downside is that Greg is slowing down and not opening on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I ordered a British bagel--clotted cream and strawberry preserves on a plain bagel, and a Scottish salmon one--salmon, cream cheese, and I asked for a tomato, also on a plain bagel. Best, bagel. Ever. Now I know why the owner says his favorite is a plain bagel with butter--so nothing disturbs the perfect taste of the bagel! My husband got a cheddar egg and bacon sandwich on a plain bagel and it was fantastic. The owner came and greeted us as we ate and was so outgoing and genuine--super appreciative of us. The place is small and we were here on a Thursday so we still were able to get a table. I could see how it may become easily crowded, but the bagels are good enough just to come grab one to go! Please eat here--you'll do yourself a favor for breakfast or any time of day!