“Worth the waiting in line.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Maryland
“Worth the waiting in line.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Walking round Lexington market was interesting and then there was Faidley Seafood, I have heard of them of course.But did not realise they were in the market we hummed a hahhed as we saw the line. Should we or shouldn't we, we did. The lady at one end of the counter( my guess the owner) was giving out menus so we would know what to order. She was very nice and we landed up talking about jewellery! The line moved quickly, they are reall organized, like a conveyor belt. I got the crab cake in a kaiser roll, with lettuce and tomatoes. Hubby got the platter, crab cake, coleslaw, fries. They have tables but it is standing only. I landed up not eating all of ...the roll! Crab cake was delicious. I stole some coleslaw, great, I pointed to the otherside so hubby would not see me stealing his fries. Great hot fries. The reason i gave it 4 stars because I would have loved to have sat down and enjoyed this delicious meal. If the owner reads this. yes QVC.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Britpat

Chicago
“Excellent Crab Cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I went to Faidley's with two people who were not fans of crab cakes. I convinced them to give these a try. All three of us loved them. One stated, if I knew that this is how crab cakes tasted, I would eat them more often. I am used to tasting dough when I have had crab cakes in the past. We got the crab cakes to go and ate them in a park near the harbor. Yummm.

1 Thank dan41867
somers point,nj
“I died and went to crab cake heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Let's get this our of the way. Faidleys is not a white glove, five star atmosphere. Located in Baltimore's Lexington Market, a slightly dingier version of Philadelphia's Reading Terminal, it is a wee bit shady and would recommend going for lunch as it has it's share of panhandlers and ner-do-wells. That being said, let's talk crab cakes. Faidleys served the most incredible lump crab cake I, and the fellow foodies I went with, I have ever have, hands down. All lump, using the slightest amount of filler (saltines) to hold those sweet pieces of jumbo lump crabmeat together. Seasoned PERFECTLY with...oh don't I wish I knew....detected dry mustard but beyond that only the crab cake gods know....it was just plain perfect. Tables don't have chairs but it was barely a thought once my first bite passes my lips. At 14 bucks for a sandwich I didn't feel cheated and you can opt for a backfin sandwich for 8. They offer platters with sides as well. after my crab cake, I went to the raw bar located 15 feet from Faidleys and enjoyed 6 plump, delicious raw oysters and a cold beer for dessert. Enough of my ramblings....this is a must stop for a crabcake lover...get your tushes over to the Lexington Market and enjoy!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ramsey, New Jersey
“Best crabcakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This place is in Lexington Market. It is an order at the counter kind of place and the atmosphere is the loud and interesting Lexington Market. The crabcake is amazing. I don't generally like crabcakes or seafood but this one was phenomenal.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Baltimore's Best Crabcake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

For years, I have gone to Faidley's with my family. As a kid, my dad would take me here before the Orioles games. It was a ritual. A dozen oysters, lump crabcake, and invaluable memories.

Despite my penchant for nostalgia here, it is frankly the best Maryland crabcake in the city.

For about 13 dollars, you can taste why Maryland Blue Crabs are the most delicious crustacean.

Every morsel is a Chesapeake delight.

The raw bar has the largest and juiciest oysters ( even though they have gone up in price) and they are always shucked and served quickly.

The man behind the raw bar I recognized immediately. He was the same guy of my childhood. He had worked there for 36 years. Amazing.

My favorite stop in Baltimore.

I would warn people that Faidley's is in downtown Baltimore, so would only go to Faidley's during lunch and not later. Even though the city has made large strides since the 90's, the area around Lexington Market can play out a little like an episode from The Wire, at times.

Still worth it.