“Outstanding crab cakes”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Best lump meat crab cakes ever! Be aware this is not a fancy restaurant... you get your food and stand at tables to eat. But the food is more than worth it.

There are newer reviews for Faidley Seafood

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have traveled all over and never found better crabcakes than in Maryland. (Don't bother ordering them in even the fanciest New York restaurants -- you can get better at the Baltimore Orioles ballpark!) So when we visited Baltimore and the question of lunch popped up, I said one word: "crabcakes." My son's search took us to Faidley's, where we both ordered the jumbo lump crabcake platter which came with 2 sides and a tiny salad with two cherry tomatoes. I have to admit I gulped when the bill rang up to $42, but then crab is the most expensive seafood. They were glorious -- base-ball sized, perfectly cooked. The coleslaw was excellent too (secret ingredient: pickles?). The only downside was having to eat standing up at bar-height countertops. Not exactly a fine-dining experience that a $42 lunch might suggest. Oh well. I asked about buying some uncooked crabcakes to go, but those were $10.95 each! So I just enjoyed the finest crabcake I've had in a while and soaked up the atmosphere of the Lexington Market. It was much cleaner and had a nicer crowd than when we last visited a decade ago. Would I go again? Sure, but I might buy my crabcake to-go and take it to a nearby park to savor.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Ordered the most expensive jumbo lump crab cake with sides of greens and potato salad. The crab cake was light on "fillers" and the greens and potato salad were very good. An "excellent" rating was not offered as I feel that the cost vs the atmosphere was not appropriate,

2  Thank mnmel1997
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stopped here for lunch on our first day in Baltimore. Lexington Market was somewhere we had been looking forward to visiting particularly as we had heard that Faidley's is highly reccomended. We ordered the jumbo crab cakes and a plate of clams. The jumbo crab cake was a tad on the expensive side but it was delicious and the clams were also good. The market was fairly busy when we visited but there was still room for us to eat, although as others have said this was standing, but we did have a table. We didn't order drinks as I didn't get the impression you could linger after eating as others would be needing a table. The service was quick and efficient although the format made it very impersonalised, as it is in the middle of a market and there was a queue for the counter. It certainly was a good experience, and will satisfy the lunch time crowd. Not reccomended if you're looking for a sit down meal, but very tasty and definitely a memorable visit.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My family has a yearly tradition; we go to Faidley's on Christmas Eve and have crab cakes etc. We've done this since before I was born (I'm now 28). The crab cakes there have always been one of the best around but sadly this year we were disappointed.

The crab cakes were very mustardy and full of shells and for being 'lump crab cakes' they were stuffed with too much filler, not enough crab. The ratio was off, for the amount of money these cost (an entire family ordering them) and then to find an exorbitant amount of filler, shells and mustard flavor? Not a great experience this year... Hopefully next year it'll improve, if not, I suppose it's time to start a new tradition.

1  Thank sdursty