“Not Excellent (based on price/atmosphere value) but very good!”
Review of Faidley Seafood

Faidley Seafood
Ranked #15 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Ordered the most expensive jumbo lump crab cake with sides of greens and potato salad. The crab cake was light on "fillers" and the greens and potato salad were very good. An "excellent" rating was not offered as I feel that the cost vs the atmosphere was not appropriate,

2  Thank mnmel1997

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stopped here for lunch on our first day in Baltimore. Lexington Market was somewhere we had been looking forward to visiting particularly as we had heard that Faidley's is highly reccomended. We ordered the jumbo crab cakes and a plate of clams. The jumbo crab cake was a tad on the expensive side but it was delicious and the clams were also good. The market was fairly busy when we visited but there was still room for us to eat, although as others have said this was standing, but we did have a table. We didn't order drinks as I didn't get the impression you could linger after eating as others would be needing a table. The service was quick and efficient although the format made it very impersonalised, as it is in the middle of a market and there was a queue for the counter. It certainly was a good experience, and will satisfy the lunch time crowd. Not reccomended if you're looking for a sit down meal, but very tasty and definitely a memorable visit.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My family has a yearly tradition; we go to Faidley's on Christmas Eve and have crab cakes etc. We've done this since before I was born (I'm now 28). The crab cakes there have always been one of the best around but sadly this year we were disappointed.

The crab cakes were very mustardy and full of shells and for being 'lump crab cakes' they were stuffed with too much filler, not enough crab. The ratio was off, for the amount of money these cost (an entire family ordering them) and then to find an exorbitant amount of filler, shells and mustard flavor? Not a great experience this year... Hopefully next year it'll improve, if not, I suppose it's time to start a new tradition.

1  Thank sdursty
Reviewed December 4, 2013

While in Baltimore for Thanksgiving I wanted to try crab cakes. I was told that this was one of the specialties from Maryland.
My daughter and son-in-law took me to Lexington Market. This was a great experience. As I walked in the front door I saw Faidley Seafood. I looked at the menu and saw numerous choices of crab cakes. I decided to try the crab claw cakes with French fries and potato salad.
The crab cakes were great! The biggest surprise was the potato salad. I don't know if it is made on site or if they buy it elsewhere and then serve it with the cakes, but it was delicious!!
Great food!!!!

1  Thank etienne1010
Reviewed December 1, 2013

been goin' there in excess of 35 years. still the finest raw oysters and clams BAR NONE !!!
fantastic, super-fast shuckers [Mr. Lou] and, always 'keeps 'em comin' !!!!
also, try their soft shell crab sandwiches.....BEST IN THE CITY !!