“Outstanding Crab Cakes”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Bought a dozen of the crab cakes for the road. These were so good I wish I lived closer. Would love to be able to get them more frequently. If there are better crab cakes out there please let me know where to find them. Don't pass these up. You WILL NOT be sorry . . .

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We braved the light rail to get to Faidley's and it was worth it. I didn't mind the neighborhood. There were lots of people just hanging out on the streets. There were some shady dealings going on as you walk past, but we held our heads up and kept moving. We were on a mission and no amount of sketchy characters will stand in our way! So, as you enter through the main entrance on W. Lexington, there was music playing and from what I can tell from a distance, people dancing. We decided not to investigate so we made a quick right to get to the food vendors. I didn't come here to party, I want to eat. Faidley's is way in the back, on N. Paca St. The tables were full and line was about 10 deep. It's ok, it moved pretty fast. Skip the other less-priced crab cakes. Go for the Jumbo lump crab cake. It's the real deal. $13.50 gets you the jumbo lump crab cake with a slice of lettuce and tomato. My daughter and I went for a platter that includes two sides, for $19.50. The fries were good and so was the mac and cheese. We weren't all that hungry so we split the platter. I think any other time I would not have needed any help having the platter to myself. The crab cake was all lump crab meat. Just like how crab cake is suppose to be. It doesn't need red bell peppers, parsley, onions, garlic, or any thing else. It had a hint of mustard, just the right amount. The people behind the counter were super nice. While you're standing in line you can pick up a small paper menu so you can have your mind made up by the time you reached the order counter. Some reviewers here think the employees are rude, I disagree. They just want to keep the people moving so you won't have to wait in line longer than you have to. So it would behoove you to be ready to order when it's your turn. You've made it this far to get to Faidley's, go for broke and order the jumbo lump crab cake. I almost forgot, there are no seats, so if you have small children, they would have to stand next to the tall bar tables. The place can get pretty crowded and could get tight if you have a stroller. Just a heads up.

1  Thank monkeydeux
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Deli style counter with some standing tabletops in the middle of the seafood market. Softshell platter price was par for course. Breading was unique but there are better recipes to be had. Got the marinated veggies and pickled beets as my side. Marinated veggies were sweeter than I prefer, the beets were spot on. I didn't do anything with the 2 slices of white bread it came with.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I have tasted heaven and it resides in Baltimore, MD. These crab cakes are absolutely fantastic. You may think you've had crab cakes, but unless you ate them here you haven't had the real thing. There's a reason these crab cakes are consistently rated some of the best on the East Coast!

This place has a kitschy/cool atmosphere in downtown Baltimore. A lump crab cake will run you around $13, there are less expensive options but you should really go big or go home! Service was friendly and the place seems clean.

Tip: You eat your food standing up at counters.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Got there right as they were closing and they were super friendly and grabbed me a couple of crab cakes and some cole slaw. Crab cakes were great. Large and all crabmeat; no filler.

1  Thank firescuba