“Bad Experience”
Review of Explorers Lounge

Explorers Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Explorers Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #257 of 2,095 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lee Street
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love the look and feel of this gathering place. And after the Fourth of July fireworks it was especially lively. Everything seemed fine when my wife and I ordered a glass of DeLoach Pinot Noir. The $15 price was steep. But this was the better-quality Pinot on the list. 15 minutes later, I went back to the bar and ordered another glass of DeLoach from a different bartender. She said they were out of DeLoach. I thought that was a little odd but didn't argue when she asked if I wanted a different Pinot, MacMurray, which I saw on the menu was $4 less. I said sure. But when she handed me the tab, it said "DeLoach" and I was charged the higher price. When I pointed it out, she claimed they charge the same for both wines. I told her the wine list clearly shows they are different prices. She said she'd been working there three years and that was news to her. Hard to believe. Was I being scammed on a busy night? Can't prove it. But no tip, for sure. And I'll watch ever going here again.

1  Thank bagnato1

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Xcellent ambiance . Good food however variety can be enhanced. Value for money and well located. Crab cakes are the best.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Nice relaxing place to unwind and have a drink, espresso, coffee, or whatever you're in the mood to drink.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The crab cakes, coconut shrimp, wedge salad and lavendar creme brulee were my favorite items on their menu!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Grabbed a quick lunch here
Thai Calamari was recommended to us so we had it
Basically Calamari with sweet chilli sauce poured over it! Made it a bit soggy
The crab cake sliders were delicious though
Friendly waitress