“Great View But Nothing Else”
Review of Rusty Scupper

Rusty Scupper
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Scupper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,039 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Water Taxi Stop
Description: When in Baltimore enjoy the city's freshest seafood along with Inner Harbor's best view. The Rusty Scupper offers a tempting array of local seafood specialties from Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes to pan-seared Rockfish with Lobster. You can also enjoy classic dishes such as Beef Tenderloin & Grilled Atlantic Salmon, all served in a spectacular waterfront setting.
New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great View But Nothing Else”
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Went to the Rusty Scupper to celebrate a college graduation. We had reservations for 3 PM but did not get any food until after 4PM. Service was terrible, employees had attitude, food was OK, view was great but the entire experience was overpriced.Would NOT recommend the Rusty Scupper for any occasion.

1 Thank Fredbee1

Baltimore, MD
“Beautiful View, Terrible Food”
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I've heard the food isn' good at the Rusty Scupper but I thought, "How bad can it be?" It was that bad. Our $15.00 crab cake sandwiches came with burned buns, the fruit on the side was mushy and practically inedible, and the main dish salad my father-in-law ordered was pretty much nothing but lettuce.

I was so disappointed because the location and views are excellent. The service was fine. It could be a real Baltimore gem if they would only put a little more effort into the food. How hard could that be?

2 Thank Helene
Bel Air, Maryland
“Stuffed Shrimp Entree All Filler”
Reviewed March 29, 2009

As Marylander all my life I ordered the stuffed shrimp and was sadly disappointed. The stuffed portion was all filler. If you are a native Marylander you know what I am talking about. For this price I expect the majority of the "stuffed" content of the entree to be crabmeat. It was not. When I talked to the waiter he informed me that my dish was not suppose to be lump crabmeat. I told him I understood that concept, but that I didn't expect the crabmeat portion to be primarily filler. He did not seem to grasp what I meant by filler.

For folks from out of town who don't understand our seafood tradition the Rusty Scupper might be alright. But for a seasoned Marylander, used to eating crab dishes, it did not live up too our proud seafood tradition. Have had far better in many crabhouses in Harford and Cecil counties, where you eat on brown wrapping paper.

View was nice, and the waiter friendly, but was not happy with this dish and it was certainly not worth the price.

3 Thank HarryGilmore
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice view of the harbor”
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Nice view of the harbor

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Another Baltimore staple...”
Reviewed October 11, 2008

Another Baltimore staple to enjoy Maryland standards.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook