“Pricey - but good food, service, and view!”
Review of Rusty Scupper

Rusty Scupper
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Scupper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Water Taxi Stop
Description: When in Baltimore enjoy the city's freshest seafood along with Inner Harbor's best view. The Rusty Scupper offers a tempting array of local seafood specialties from Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes to pan-seared Rockfish with Lobster. You can also enjoy classic dishes such as Beef Tenderloin & Grilled Atlantic Salmon, all served in a spectacular waterfront setting.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I are from the Baltimore area and used to live right in the city, so we always assumed Rusty Scupper was more about tourism and less about quality. While I'm sure it is a hot spot with tourists, we were very surprised to find that it is a wonderful restaurant!

We took an overnight trip to Baltimore with our 1-year old son and wanted to go somewhere for dinner that was more family-friendly than the hole-in-the-wall bar-type restaurants we were used to. We also wanted to be on the water with a great view, so we decided to take a chance on the Rusty Scupper. While it is somewhat fancy and maybe not the greatest place for kids, they were very accomodating of us and our son. They sat us in an area by ourselves without us having to ask, which was perfect...we didn't have to worry about our son making noises that would bother the tables without kids. Even though he tried to eat them, we very much appreciated the crayons they gave us.

The service was great and the people were very friendly. The food was really good! The calamari was some of the best I've ever had...very fresh and not chewy. I'd say the crab cakes were average, but having lived in Maryland most of my life, I have pretty high crab cake standards! We didn't try the dessert because we were (of course) saving room for Vacarro's in Little Italy. It was pricey, but you are definitely paying more than average for the wonderful view of the water. If you're looking for a place with great service, great food, and a great view...go to the Rusty Scupper!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,593)

Reviewed April 25, 2014

All the times I have been to the Inner Harbor I never noticed this place. It is around the way from where the Pratt and Light street shops are. We wandered by and decided to go for dinner. It was wonderful.

The food was fresh and very good. My kids loved their kids' meals and they came with a very cute dessert of two sugar cookies made in to a face with Raspberry and whipped cream.

The view is very nice. You are up high above the water in the middle of it so you really see a lot. We saw a very nice sunset while we ate.

The service was exceptional. They were professional and attentive. I have to say that from the outside I never would have guessed this was such a beautiful and well staffed place.

The prices are pretty high, but worth it. But it is not a place for a quick cheap meal.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

People kept telling me this was a tourist trap, so I avoided it for a while. Having finally eaten there, I found the food to be outstanding. You can, if you are careful eat at a modest price. But this place is the most expensive place I have ever eaten. But what I did eat was fresh and delicious. The Delaware oysters were better than the PEI oysters! The soups divine and the seafood pasta fantastic.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Was walking Bay and made it to Rusty Scupper in time for late lunch-- view is great- clean restaurant - service was great - meal delivered fast and great-- good seafood --get dessert it's about a 20 layer chocolate cake-- delish

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Rusty Scupper has an amazing view of downtown Baltimore. The setting is very nice and romantic. As to the food and prices...over priced and not worth it for what you get.
The service was good.