“Beautiful view of the harbor!”
Review of Rusty Scupper

Rusty Scupper
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Scupper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,026 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Water Taxi Stop
Description: When in Baltimore enjoy the city's freshest seafood along with Inner Harbor's best view. The Rusty Scupper offers a tempting array of local seafood specialties from Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes to pan-seared Rockfish with Lobster. You can also enjoy classic dishes such as Beef Tenderloin & Grilled Atlantic Salmon, all served in a spectacular waterfront setting.
Anderson,SC
“Beautiful view of the harbor!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We chose the restaurant based solely on the location and their flashy sign as we had just arrived in Baltimore. It looked as though it was independently owned and I always prefer that. My party of 3 was seated quickly, however was told that reservations are normally required. The predominance of folks there were locals and business people (it was a Thursday night). The decor was lovely with fantastic views from all over the restaurant. We weren't starving so we chose to order all appetizers and drinks instead of a full meal. They were all fantastic and the service was excellent. They had an extensive bar and wine list. It was very impressive. We also ordered a dessert of bread pudding and split it. It was very good but should have been warmer, definitely had been made ahead and refrigerated. In general it was a great dining experience and would be a great place for a special occasion. Our bill for 3 appetizers, 1 beer, 1 glass of wine, 1 coffee and one dessert was 95.00 before tip. All seafood places are expensive though and they are definitely offering more in casual elegance than most there. The sweetest part of the meal came as we went outside to walk 4 blocks back to the hotel in 35 degree weather. The Rusty Scupper offers a complimentary shuttle to and from hotels in the downtown area. So in my opinion, it was a win-win all the way around.

• Visited March 2013

Philadelphia
“Touristy but Good”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was a pleasant surprise. I like doing the touristy thing - but my husband hates it. This is as touristy as you can get - great view - on the harbor...has it's own water taxi stand I believe. We went - the server was wonderful and attentive. The bread they brought over - and their special 'dip' was amazing. We devoured it so quickly - our server brought us another. My kids got calimari and pasta - which was a hit. They ate everything - which rarely happens. But the best was how happy and impressed my husband was with the food. It was really good. So it's worth it to pay a little more - for the view - because the food is good too. We would definitely go back.

Baltimore, Maryland
“75 times and counting”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

As we entered the Rusty Scupper several months ago my wife and I were greeted by the excellent staff with a pretty standard question. "Have you eaten with us before?" Without really thinking about it I gave a flip answer: "About 60 times." The guy was clearly taken back a bit and then asked "Seriously?" "Seriously!" was my firm answer. After we were shown to our seats, with the excellent view that is customary there, I did a quick calculation in my head and realized I had miscounted. The number was more probably just short of 80, with 75 being a safe number. We were proceeding to order from our very attentive waiter when the general manager appeared. "Understand you have eaten with us 60 times." "More like 75, actually. Been coming here 4 or 5 times a year since mid-1995. Love the food, love the view, love the ambiance. This was the first place I took my now wife on our first date. We had drinks and finger food upstairs in the old bar. Been coming back ever since." Enough said...

1 Thank Wilson-House_Balt
Chicago
“This is the place to eat!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Excellent meal and overall great dining experience. We got window seats for a terrific view of the harbor. All three of us ordered cedar plank salmon with crab meat -- all done perfectly. The meal was finished off with Chocolate frosted yellow cake which the three of us split. Our waiter was attentive and informative. They even have a shuttle for diners to use to get back to their hotels. Overall a terrific experience!

Phiiladelphia, PA
“Better than expected!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I haven't been to this restaurant in about 20 years. It hasn't changed much (in a good way). We went without a reservation and had no problem getting a seat with a nice view. The server was outstanding. Very polite and able to recommend things we may like. They were able to change the menu a bit for my daughter without any fuss. The meal was yummy. We loved it all. The crab cake was fantastic as well as the shrimp scampi. Save some room for desert because it is great!

• Visited March 2013
Rusty S, Public Relations Manager at Rusty Scupper, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed dinner last night at the restaurant. Hopefully you will come back again soon--don't wait another 20 years!