“Beautiful views and good food”
Review of Rusty Scupper

Rusty Scupper
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Scupper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Water Taxi Stop
Description: When in Baltimore enjoy the city's freshest seafood along with Inner Harbor's best view. The Rusty Scupper offers a tempting array of local seafood specialties from Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes to pan-seared Rockfish with Lobster. You can also enjoy classic dishes such as Beef Tenderloin & Grilled Atlantic Salmon, all served in a spectacular waterfront setting.
Reviewed November 23, 2011

The harbor views from the restaurant were beautiful. I had the scallops, which were very good. My friend had the bouillabaisse, which he also liked. The restaurant was not cheap. We each paid about $60 for a shared appetizer, an entree and a glass of wine.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,593)

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Have been here several times before for private corporate events and loved the atmosphere and food. Went last night with a party of six (adults & children) for a birthday dinner and was very disappointed. I requested a table with a harbor view and was told only two and four tops were seated next to the windows, but they would note on my reservation to seat us at a table with a good view. When we arrived we were seated promptly and it all went downhill from there. Our table was right next to a window but faced the parking lot. The waitress was rude (Syreeta) and extremely cold. I only found out her name from the receipt. She forgot my salad and my boyfriends drink, and luckily forgot to charge is for both as well. The Maryland Crab and Cream of Crab soups along with the bread were excellent. The rest of the food was mediocre. I had the crab stuffed shrimp which was under cooked and the crab stuffing was mostly filler. The childrens crab cake had no taste, the Norwegian salmon with crab had a lot of lump crab meat but no flavor either. When we asked for boxes to take home leftovers, the waitress dumped the fries from one of my daughters plates onto the other right in front of me as if she were throwing it in the trash. Spent almost $200.00 and could have gotten a better meal at Red Lobster for half the price. Very disappointed and will not return after this experience.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Liked being able to either walk or take water taxi. Have eaten there several times and never been unhappy.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Debated about going here since reviews were a mixed bag, but glad we went. Arrived at 5.30, when sun just setting. Given a perfect table overlooking the harbor. Restaurant dimly lit with understated nautical theme. Initially, there was quiet vibe, but the noise level picked up as patrons arrived and the pianist began his set. Varied seafood choices and other items for non-seafood lovers. I ordered the prix fixe menu (soup or salad, select entrees and dessert for $38). I selected the Maryland crab soup (red based), which the server said was a house specialty. Mildy spicy with a couple of large bits of crab. Entree was crab stuffed shrimp (5), served with veg du jour (green beans) and mashed herb potatoes. Very tasty. My husband selected the field green salad with pear and candied walnuts in a toasted onion vinagerette ($8). Salad also came with goat cheese but my husband asked to omit. No problems with having dairy-free meal (unlike previous poster). Server was accomodating. My husband had applewood bacon wrapped trout with green beans and fries ($24). He raved about the trout. Good selection of wines by glass and bottle. Bread was fabulous and they serve it with this spicy aoli - OMG so good! I had key lime pie for dessert. Not the best ever (light on the key lime) - but nice cap to the meal. Would recommend if looking for good seafood meal overlooking harbor. Accomodates small and large groups. By the time we left, almost every table was full - looked like the type of place people go to celebrate - lots of multi generational tables. If looking for quiet spot, ask for table overlooking water to the immediate left of the hostess stand. A romantic little nook out of the hustle and bustle of the main restaurant.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

We had a birthday party for our Dad at lunchtime. The room was great, waitstaff very good and the view was unbelievable! The food was only OK. I had the crab cake. The cake was smallish. It was served with green beans. They were both pretty good, just not great.

Been to Rusty Scupper? Share your experiences!