“"A Very Nice Place to Eat and Drink"”

Pierpoint Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pierpoint Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #482 of 2,064 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Reservations were promptly honored on a recent Saturday night, with the added benefit of a self-park complimentary parking lot conveniently located about one short block away from this Fells Point establishment..

Upon being seated, there was a bit of consternation when I presented my restaurant.com coupon. Our waitress indicated that these coupons were not valid on Saturday nights. When I pointed out that our coupon mentioned no such exclusion, it was graciously accepted.

Which reminded me of another occurrence at this same restaurant 6 years earlier, when our coupon was rejected because, "You have to order two full entrées not half entrees." At that time, there was no accommodation, and we left without ordering. The point of all this being, "Read your coupon carefully and call ahead to make sure all will go smoothly."

But enough with the coupons! Truth be told, the staff and owner were quite friendly and this smallish establishment was about half full with four or five other couples dining. The atmosphere is slow-paced, restful and relaxed. The Cabernet was very good, and we were pleased with the duck filled dumpling appetizer that we shared. My companion was ecstatic about her lamb chop dish--very plump, plentiful and tasty, My sirloin was also nicely done but a bit small for the price.

In conclusion, Pierpoint is a nice place to eat and drink, with an opportunity for a leisurely after-dinner stroll around scenic Fells Point.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've been wanting to try this place for quite a long time and was unpleasantly surprised. I had wanted to try the smoked crab cake after the rave reviews, but it and the entire experience did not live up to them.

We came for Sunday brunch and the place was empty, okay, so there was one other customer sitting at the bar, but that was it. Having that said, the waiter took our order for coffee and came back quite a while later. We asked for some bacon as an appetizer stating we were very hungry. Over a half hour later, the food had not come, neither had the bacon. There was two chefs in the kitchen (neither of which were Nancy Longo), and I'm really not sure what they could have been doing for so long since we were the only people there. The waiter never came to say anything about our food not being ready, though I did hear Nancy go in the back and say "they've been sitting here for weeks!" and started to give instruction about what they should cook. Finally, a while later, the food came (with the bacon we had asked to be first). The caramalized banana pancakes were good, the omelette was good, but standard. The "Pierpoint" or smoked crab cake benedict was good but overrated.

After we ate, the check came (after a long time), then the water failed to come back for the check for what seemed like forever (again at an empty restaraunt). I'm dissapointed for the experience. This could be due to the high expectations I had coming in, but I really am surprised to read the good reviews on here.

1  Thank TravelingFoodie18
Reviewed August 26, 2012

You enter in a clean, well-lighted place - bar on the left. Tables in back. Small kitchen way back.

The service is pleasant and efficient.

Four of us shared the Baltimore box - 2 small clams Casino, 2 codfish balls, a deep-fried crab ball, and two battered, fried oysters.

The oysters were very good.

A second appetizer, the clams and mussels in a creamy pink sauce, would have been very good, but was oversalted.

Three of us had one traditional and one smoked crab cake. Two of us preferred the traditional to the smoked. One of us had the Ciopiino - good, but the fish was overcooked.

Desserts of vanilla gelato - worthy of Italy - and the "mixed nut" tart were very good.

Drinks, a pleasant Pinot Grigio, dessert, coffee and tip - $230

Overall rating - 3.5

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife wanted to go to this place after seeing it on the Food network. Even though the reviews we found were mixed we decided to give it a try. We are very happy that we did. The Crabcakes were excellent or so my wife told me. I had Pork Loin which was delicious, perfectly done and well seasoned. This is a small place with a neighborhood atmosphere. We would certainly return.

1  Thank stndglasLenoirNC
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Pierpoint restaurant has stood the test of time. Even after 20 years, Chef Nancy Longo's tiny Fell's Point (Baltimore) bistro always has great imaginative food and good company to boot.

2  Thank Anne-and-Bill-2010