“A Not-unpleasant Neighborhood Place”

Pierpoint Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pierpoint Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #485 of 2,064 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed August 26, 2012

You enter in a clean, well-lighted place - bar on the left. Tables in back. Small kitchen way back.

The service is pleasant and efficient.

Four of us shared the Baltimore box - 2 small clams Casino, 2 codfish balls, a deep-fried crab ball, and two battered, fried oysters.

The oysters were very good.

A second appetizer, the clams and mussels in a creamy pink sauce, would have been very good, but was oversalted.

Three of us had one traditional and one smoked crab cake. Two of us preferred the traditional to the smoked. One of us had the Ciopiino - good, but the fish was overcooked.

Desserts of vanilla gelato - worthy of Italy - and the "mixed nut" tart were very good.

Drinks, a pleasant Pinot Grigio, dessert, coffee and tip - $230

Overall rating - 3.5

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife wanted to go to this place after seeing it on the Food network. Even though the reviews we found were mixed we decided to give it a try. We are very happy that we did. The Crabcakes were excellent or so my wife told me. I had Pork Loin which was delicious, perfectly done and well seasoned. This is a small place with a neighborhood atmosphere. We would certainly return.

1  Thank stndglasLenoirNC
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Pierpoint restaurant has stood the test of time. Even after 20 years, Chef Nancy Longo's tiny Fell's Point (Baltimore) bistro always has great imaginative food and good company to boot.

2  Thank Anne-and-Bill-2010
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Had the signature dish- one smoked and one plain crab cake. Very good-- all crab and no breadcrumbs. Nice small restaurant atmosphere with very attentive and friendly service.

2  Thank arabrabneslin
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband and I have been here numerous times, so we do like the place and the food quite a bit. I think the main courses, including the smoked crab cakes, are usually very good.

However, for the price they charge ($20-30 for an entree), there is an expectation that they sometimes miss out on. I would expect to get fresh vegetables with my entree, for example, not re-heated frozen vegetables. I sincerely hope that they can keep up with the times, and the expectations of diners, in order to stick around for some time.