“Eh... There's better options out there”
Review of NAM Kang

NAM Kang
Ranked #1,137 of 2,064 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Korean, Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nam Kang is a pretty average Korean restaurant, a little pricier than its competitors, but also less busy.

There's ample seating in the restaurant, but not sufficient parking outside.

The jajangmyun is decent. It can't compare to its Ellicott City/Catonsville counterparts, but it's certainly a win in Baltimore. The tangsooyook can be better. It's not as crispy or fresh as I've had in the past, but it's okay if you're craving it.

Refills for sides cost extra, so savor the first servings.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I came here with a friend last week late night and had an amazing experience. It might have been the best korean restaurant I've been to in the U.S. - definitely right up there with all the korean places i've been to growing up in the north jersey/new york city area. We started with the dumplings, which were standard dumplings for any asian restaurant and were good, then also ordered the bulgogi, the seafood pancakes, and about 3 other meat dishes I wish I could remember the name of. Much to our surprise, the waitress brings over like 6 little mini bowls each filled with different tasty side dishes like kimchi, pickled spicy cucumber, some kind of beans, etc., and a big thing of white rice. Everything we had was terrific. We both agreed it was the best bulgogi we had ever had, and the seafood pancake really, really impressed us. It was a little greasier than I probably would have liked it, but it had that great tasty crispness to the edges, with the perfect soft tender middle part. My friend also ordered some really spicy meat dish which he liked a lot too. I've seen where a few people have said the kimchi is just so-so. I can understand since it's typically really spicy hot. Here it's more spicy flavorful and tasty, and only moderately spicy hot - which is exactly how i like it. I thought the kimchi was very good. (But they'll also provide some korean hot sauce which is really tasty too if you'd like your other dishes a little hotter.) Also, best part, they're open til 4 am. This place rocks and i'll definitely be coming back the next time I'm in Baltimore!!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My parents don't usually appreciate Korean food, but they ate everything including the banchan (which many incorrectly refer to as appetizers). This place is also open well after midnight. They will also modify the dishes at your request.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Not expensive. Good bi bim bap. Kim chee just ok. Casual. Local hangout.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Subterranean bulgogi in a wood paneled atmosphere. Try the excellent scallion pancakes! Bonus points because this place is open until 4AM. Sorta sketchy neighborhood in Lower Charles Village.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook