“Average food, dingy, old interior” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Da Mimmo Italian Restaurant

Da Mimmo Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Da Mimmo Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 1,999 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Stiles Street
Transit: Da Mimmo can be reached by MTA Bus, the light rail or the subway.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Average food, dingy, old interior”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had high hopes for this restaurant but it turns out that the food was average, and it felt like I was eating in my grandmother's living room. I chose the three course lunch meal - clams casino, chicken something, and a cannoli. Lunch took two hours so I had to take my cannoli with me to go. There were only two tables occupied so the restaurant wasn't busy. The outside of the restaurant and the street itself is beautiful but I can't say that I'll ever return to Da Mimmo's.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Classic Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We've lived here most of our lives but lately gotten into a slump of eating at a lot of the same places. We decided on a Wednesday afternoon to have a late lunch in Little Italy. We had no one place in mind so we just parked the car, walked and ended up choosing Da Mimmo's. Even though the decor is a bit outdated the tables were beautifully set with linens and charger plates with pictures of the restaurant on them. At 2pm we had the whole restaurant to ourselves. Our servers were pleasant and attentive. For appetizers we had fried and sauteed calamari, both were excellent. I had the baby arugula salad and the portion size was small but for me that is perfect and so was the dressing. My son, the picky eater, had the pasta with Bolognese and said he enjoyed it enough to get it again. My husband had the penne pasta with marinara and I had the shrimp cardinale and both of us enjoyed our choices. My pasta had three large shrimp cooked to perfection in a creamed, brandy sauce with a bit of tomato sauce added. It was a bit pricey, almost $100 with tip, but for an excellent meal and great service I don't mind paying the extra cost. They also have their own parking lot which is nice since parking is at a premium most evenings. I have to say it was well worth the afternoon trip and we will be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A tourist trap?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Visiting in Baltimore, we asked the concierge at our hotel for a recommendation of a restaurant in Little Italy. He recommended Da Mimmo and said they would even send a car to pick us up and then return us to the hotel. The restaurant was not very busy on a weeknight and the other diners also were dropped off and picked up by their car service. We found the food quite ordinary and overpriced for what was delivered.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank BillScottsdale
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good food but a bit pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

The veal chop, their signature dish, is excellent; however, it is not cheap, even during Restaurant Week. It was $40. There were no sides included. There are many meat choices like rack of lamb, steak, surf and turf, veal, and fish dishes, making it more of a continental than Italian restaurant. The free parking lot is a real bonus in Little Italy! The food is well prepared, but the prices make it difficult for average people to eat there as often as they may like.

Takoma Park, Maryland
“Outstanding special-occasion place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Da Mimmo has amazing food at fairly high prices yet is welcoming to the come-as-you-are passerby. Give it a try some time. You'll remember it.