“Great Food, Little Busy But Expected”
Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Ranked #12 of 2,064 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I saw the Blue Moon Cafe on the Food Network and said I would try it out when I got the chance. Being in Baltimore for my 1 yr anniversary I treated my wife to breakfast on Sat around 9AM. As expected they had a wait approx 45 mins which didn't surprise me. Place is tiny! BUT THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. Everything tasted homemade, portion sizes were huge, flavors great, highly recommend the Sweet Baby Jesus and Cap'n Crunch French Toast!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband likes to find DDD restaurants on our travels, so on a recent trip to Baltimore we had to check out Blue Moon. But we hadn't seen the DDD episode, so knew nothing about the restaurant before our visit. We went for lunch, and thought it was odd that when we were first seated, the waiter asked us what kind of juice we wanted (at 1:00 in the afternoon). Then we got the menu and realized they serve only breakfast, all day. But what a breakfast (/lunch)! Like so many others, we decided on the DDD-featured items, Captain Crunch French Toast and Sweet Baby Jesus. You couldn't pay me to eat Captain Crunch cereal...but the French toast was amazing, very flavorful but not too "captain-crunchy". (I'm even going to try to replicate it at home!) And the Sweet Baby Jesus (sort of a crab eggs benedict-type dish) was delicious too. We shared our meals, which gave us a nice contrasting balance of flavors.

One note, the place is small, we waited over an hour for a table and heard that there's pretty much always a wait, so you may want to factor that into your plans to visit. We did a bit of sightseeing in the area (Fells Point) while we waited, and our meal was well worth the wait.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Far and away, the Blue Moon Cafe is the BEST breakfast stop in Baltimore. Get there early or you will wait for about an hour, but once inside you will never forget the food you had there. enjoy the Captain Crunch French Toast (the house specialty) or any of the "Benedicts." there is not one thing on the menu that you wont rave about to your friends when you get home.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I was in Baltimore for a professional conference and some colleagues and I were taken to the Blue Moon Cafe for breakfast. We heard about it from Food Network's "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives". It was an awesome breakfast. We all shared the captain crunch French toast, which was absolutely delicious, and the sweet baby Jesus, which was lump crab meat, eggs, and hash browns with hollandaise sauce. It was out if this world! Everything is homemade, from the bread to the raspberry jam. We waited about a half hour to get seated, but it was well worth the wait! This place is a must if you are in Baltimore!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Visited Blue Moon and sampled the Sweet Baby Jesus and the Capt. Crunch French Toast. I don't really have words to describe them...just incredible. I finished my full order of CC French toast and then proceeded to eat another piece of my sister's. The Sweet Baby Jesus was basically a crab benedict on top of hash browns instead of an English muffin. Hard to blow your socks off, but still the best benedict/skillet I have ever experienced in my life. We visited on a Thursday morning at 9:00 and were able to get in right away. By the time we had finished our meals, there were at least 4 groups waiting outside...a testament to how great this place really is.

Been to Blue Moon Cafe? Share your experiences!