“Good food- NOT worth the wait”
Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Ranked #6 of 2,026 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Fells Point
British Columbia, Canada
“Good food- NOT worth the wait”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Arrived here on a rainy Sunday morning with people waiting on the sidewalk. Told it would be a 45 minute wait. Decided to get coffee around the corner. Renturned at the 35 minute mark. Took 90 minutes to get a table! Another 30 minutes to get breakfast. Wait staff good but tables lay empty, dirty, and kitchen was slow. Yes the food was good (not great) but this sort of service is unconscionable. Would never eat here again.

Visited October 2013

“Captain Crunch French Toast is a MUST”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been going to the Blue Moon Cafe for the past 5 years. I do not live in Baltimore but gladly traveled from Miami and now from Atlanta to eat their captain crunch french toast. The wait time can be over half an hour depending on what time of day you go but I think it's worth it.
I have tried the captain crunch french toast, red velvet pancakes and sweet baby jesus-all delicious!
If you are in the area-or even if you're not, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
“the food was good, but not worth the wait.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Where do I even begin. Friends of our have been trying to go this this place for years and we finally got to go. it was about 11 when we got there and we went in to ask the waitress how long the wait was. she said about 45 or so. we thought, great! that's a value we can live with. there was something going on down the street that we would be able to go to while we waited. none of us ate anything that morning in preparation for eating the big meals that were at this place. so, we go up town walk around for like a half hour and came back.. it's been about 50 mins so we checked with the waitress who told us she still hasn't called our names but it shouldn't be much longer. so we sit outside on some stones and wait... the waitress kept calling names and we almost got to ours when she stopped. i guess all the tables were filled up. so we wait. another 30 mins goes by and we still aren't called upon. however, a table of 6 was taken before us. it's now about 1 when we finally get our seats. they don't have central air, the place is very tiny, and there are too many people running around. our waitress takes our orders and everything is going better. we waited another half hour to get our food. the orange juice was half frozen, they forgot one of our orders, the waitresses are not very attentive, and it seems like its just chaos. on a positive note, our food was actually really good. a pretty decent size serving. would i go there again? no. the food was good. but it wasn't worth the 3 hour wait. if you're going to go here call ahead ask about the wait time, go anytime after 12. it seemed like around 1 or 2 they became slower and were able to take more tables.. but let me mention this again the service was awful and the hostess not only lied to us, but, took a table of 5 before us. i don't care if you only have one table that seats 5.. you take groups in the order in which they arrived.. but, like i said. if you don't have to wait and if they're not busy. you could stop in. if you're going to tip anyone... it should be the cooks.
also, if you're going to be on tv, you should know that's going to increase your sales. if you know this.. you should probably invest in a larger building. or don't be on tv..

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank nicholem840
Huntington Beach, California
“Captain Crunch!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

One of the best meals I had on my trip here to the east coast. The Captain Crunch french toast was delicious! I have to try making this at home.

Other things I also tried was the Sweet Baby Jesus and the Maryland Crab Benedict. Both were loaded with crab. It was like a crab fest on a plate. I really liked the hash browns. They had a perfect crisp to both sides.

When I got here on a Sunday afternoon, the wait was about an hour and a half. Luckily I order to go and ate back at my friend's place. There isn't much seating inside and they get very busy. The wait is definitely worth it.

• Visited December 2012
“"Sweet baby Jesus" comes with a "sweet" price...”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on a weekday while in the neighborhood, not knowing anything about it prior to reading T Advisor reviews. I ordered the Sweet Baby Jesus which was filling and delicious but a little pricey. We also got blueberry pancakes, 2 eggs and sausage. Pancakes were amazing and I don't generally order them bc I avoid carbs and extra sugar in my diet. These were worth the splurge- full of fresh blueberries and fluffy and not too sweet! I'd go back just for the pancakes.

• Visited September 2013