“Not worth the wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Ranked #8 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Not worth the wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I have no idea why people rave about this place. We waited 45 minutes for a table and when we were finally seated, the table was so small, we were barely able to fit both of our plates on the table. I had an omelette and my husband had their famous Captain Crunch French Toast. Both meals were okay but frankly we have had better food at our local diner. The worst part was that we were seated next to a table of people that spent the entire time talking at the top of their lungs and every other word out of their mouths was a curse word. The management never once asked the people to stop cursing or "keep it down a bit". When these people finally left, the entire restaurant started clapping. Who needs to be subjected to something like that when eating!!! It ruined our entire experience and I blame the management staff for not doing anything about it. We will not be back .

Rego Park, New York, United States
“Blue Moon over Baltimore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had been meaning to write a review of the Blue Moon Cafe for quite some time, so here goes...

My Daughter has friends in Baltimore and when she would go to visit her friends they would bring her to the Blue Moon Cafe for breakfast. She could not stop raving about the food here, so we decided to try them. We travel down to Baltimore every year to watch the Yankees play the Orioles. We leave early in the morning to travel there so we can stop at the Blue Moon Cafe for breakfast before going to the Inner Harbor. The following morning would find us at the Blue Moon again. Because the Blue Moon is so popular the wait can be quite long so be prepared. They will take your name, then you can go walk around the area. There is a weekend flea market two blocks away and lots of small shops to browse.

They indeed have the best breakfast in the world. Sarah, the owner, is a fabulous chef. Her Captain Crunch French toast is to die for. Their omelets are also amazing. Their cinnamon buns are big enough to feed a whole table and their coffee is served in a bottomless cup. They have also been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network.

This is our go to place in Baltimore for breakfast. If you find yourself in Baltimore at breakfast time give the Blue Moon Cafe a try. You too will become a fan.

• Visited September 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Don't miss this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Blue Moon Cafe ha a fun, upbeat atmosphere and is obviously very popular. We waited for a table, but it was well worth it!

My husband and I split the Captain Crunch French Toast and the Raspberry, Chicken, and Brie omelette. Both were out of this world amazing. I can't recommend this place highly enough!

New York
“Fresh tasty hot gooey goodness!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

While the wait was a little long, it was well worth it. The food was extremely fresh. You could tell it had never been frozen. The cinnamon roll french Toast was excellent. All of our food great. I would recommend the sausage and gravy! The BLT was worth the order too. I've it a try but be ready to wait.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Be prepared- for the wait and the food, worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast here on a weekday- have tried several times to go on weekends only to be told there is 2-3 hr wait times. My advice is hit a weekday and make it early. Yes, I had the infamous captain crunch French toast and it WAS amazing. My boyfriend had veggie omelette and was pleased as well. Portions are HUGE you will not leave hungry. Service, not bad, not great. I was about to have some issues with the server as the table next to us (seated AFTER us) proceeded to get their coffee and order while we sat and waited. However, after my coffee came I forgot. You should expect to wait a little longer as this food is much better than the typical greasy spoon cranking out millions of meals- and they warn you it's all freshly prepared. Alas, it was worth the wait. Next time I'm getting red velvet pancakes and going on a Monday. Also- parking can be tricky so walk if possible.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Blue Moon Cafe? Share your experiences!