“Be prepared- for the wait and the food, worth it!”
Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Ranked #12 of 2,048 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Be prepared- for the wait and the food, worth it!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast here on a weekday- have tried several times to go on weekends only to be told there is 2-3 hr wait times. My advice is hit a weekday and make it early. Yes, I had the infamous captain crunch French toast and it WAS amazing. My boyfriend had veggie omelette and was pleased as well. Portions are HUGE you will not leave hungry. Service, not bad, not great. I was about to have some issues with the server as the table next to us (seated AFTER us) proceeded to get their coffee and order while we sat and waited. However, after my coffee came I forgot. You should expect to wait a little longer as this food is much better than the typical greasy spoon cranking out millions of meals- and they warn you it's all freshly prepared. Alas, it was worth the wait. Next time I'm getting red velvet pancakes and going on a Monday. Also- parking can be tricky so walk if possible.

“The Bomb”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Well my boyfriend loves cap n crunch cereal so when he seen this on diners drive-ins & dines a couple years ago he wanted to go, so we recently took a family trip to the Baltimore Harbor in stayed at the Hyatt located in downtown Baltimore on our way back home we decided to ride pass but we had to try it out, so we waited the hour and a half in I swear to you it was truly worth it, even shared a table with another couple thay had been waiting as well but it was so worth it, taking another trip down there next month can't wait... Craving the French Toast! Kisha nd Will

Trenton, New Jersey
“Bad service and mediocre food”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I waited an hour to be seated for really bad service from rude people and food that was mediocre at best. I think the 15 minutes of fame this place has enjoyed has gone to their heads. It is most definately not worth the wait.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank TRVLALOT_9
Baltimore
“Cap'n Cruch French Toast and Eggs Benedict with Crabmeat and 'tatoes”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We arrived early on a Friday (e.g. 7:30am) as other reviews suggested and got a table, no problem. There is limited tables/room in the restaurant, very cozy. The place was packed by 8:30am. The service was excellent and there was no sense of urgency to clear out. Nice ambiance. I ordered Cap'n Crunch French Toast and ,the special, Eggs Benedict with cheddar, crab meat, potatoes, tomatoes. The French Toast was AWESOME!. The Eggs Benedict was good, but the crab meat seemed like it could have been a little fresher, still good though.

• Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Captain Crunch French Toast!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place was featured on Diner's Drive Inns and Dives so we had to check it out. We had their signature featured dish captain crunch French Toast. It definitely lived up to the hype! Comes served with fresh whipped topping and fruit. It is a meal that will last you all day. The place is small, so get there early and expect to wait -especially on the weekend. The wait is however worth it!

2 Thank mbrancol

Been to Blue Moon Cafe? Share your experiences!