“A lot of light but no heat...”
Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Ranked #8 of 2,039 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Washington, DC
“A lot of light but no heat...”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

is the best description I have for this eatery. A friend and I made it a point to stop here on our way from DC to the Philadelphia Museum of Art today. I had hoped that my first breakfast at the Blue Moon Cafe would be a perfect complement to the rest of our plans. I can certainly understand how locals might find this quaint and quirky cafe an engaging place to hang out on a Saturday morning. So, I was surprised and disappointed to find the food was not great, just rather mediocre, which by itself wouldn't have been such a terrible thing. After all, no reviewer's idea of perfection (or stomach) is the same as everyone else's. The horror of it, though, was suffering poor service and watching the overall inefficiency that crashed and burned all around us. For such a small restaurant, it took an inordinate amount of time for our simple breakfast to arrive. From our seat at the window, we watched patrons waiting outside in the chill while parties of two lingered at large tables for four. But the real kicker was when we left, a waiter was outside taking names for the long wait list while clean and ready tables sat empty inside. I congratulate those who feel that the Blue Moon Cafe has the best brunch in the city for they have found a wonderful little gem. For the rest of us, you might want to give someplace else a try!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Ninaj929

Philly
“Best brunch in the city!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Thee best brunch in the city! I don't think there is one bad thing on the menu here! We had like 5 different things, just so we could say we tried it! The Cap'n Crunch french toast is beyond wonderful & magically delicious! The omelets are great, the cinnamon rolls and biscuits are great, the pancakes are awesome! This place is no joke, just wish it was a bigger space!

Visited February 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Love the food”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This has always been one of my favorite little places in the city to eat. Can't go wrong here. The portions are large and the food is always great.

Visited March 2012
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Charming for breakfast”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I felt like I was being served breakfast at some charming B&B that I was staying in. I was in Baltimore particularly early and Googled to find an early opening place for breakfast. Blue Moon Cafe was a pleasant surprise.

Wayne, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“where to even begin”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

this place is spectacular. Everything we had was amazing. French toast, country omlette, and a eggs benedict covered with crab meat and cheese. Coffee is hot and fresh. Service was awesome.

Visited December 2012

Been to Blue Moon Cafe? Share your experiences!