“THIS PLACE was SCARY DIRTY AND THE FOOD WAS TASTELESS. THE WORST PART WAS WHEN A HUGE ROACH WENT ACROSS THE FLOOR THE WAITER TRI”
Review of G & A Restaurant

G & A Restaurant
Ranked #251 of 2,037 Restaurants in Baltimore
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

The customers did not.look healthy, the HOTDOGs were tasteless, a real dump, dirty and the roaches are everywhere. NEVER AGAIN. WHAT WAS TRIPLE D THINKING????? IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GROSS, NEVER, EVER AGAIN.

1 Thank Lourdyb

Lutherville, MD
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Help was very good, down to earth. Only thing I tried were the hot dogs. Dogs themselves didn't have a snap when I bit into them. Chili had no taste at all. Buns were actually hard on the ends. Dogs at the Lexington Street Market are much better. Other food looked to be good diner food.

I'll try it again if I'm in the area but the dogs are not worth much.

• Visited June 2012
Maple Shade, New Jersey
“LOVED this place!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We ate here (twice!) this past weekend while visiting Baltimore, and my mouth waters every time I think about the meals we had! My husband had the Coney Island hot dogs and I had the bacon cheeseburger both times. We also ordered gravy fries and regular fries. My husband raved about the hot dogs, and the burger was absolutely delicious - not one of those pre-made patties, but a real burger cooked to perfection. The fries were out of this world! My husband was reluctant to try the gravy fries as we had never had them before, and they were surprisingly tasty - not too much gravy, just enough to give it an interesting taste. The texture of the plain fries was fantastic - perfectly crisp on the outside and moist inside. Great prices, too!Unfortunately, we didn't have room for dessert, but we'll definitely go back to G and A the next time we are in town. I wouldn't call this place a dive. It's just been in business for over 80 years and it's well-worn but clean, and the owner and waitresses were great. Can't wait to return!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank rsf5
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Watson Preakness Party 2012”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My first impression was "this place could be bad"! The owners daughters waited on our group of 12 and were great. Several in our party ordered crab cakes and they were fantastic. Cheese steak and hot dogs good too. It was a fun experience, will go back next time we are in the city.

• Visited May 2012
Bel Air, Md
“Retro Fun and Good Eats!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Our daughter just moved to Baltimore so she suggested we meet at G & A for dinner. We knew it was a small, retro place and were anxious to try the hot dogs! I am told they are home made by Andy the owner. The restaurant is small, retro and worn but has a very familiar and comfy feel to it. It did not appear "dirty" but was certainly well used. We were warmly greeted by Andy the owner and the waitress...she used the Baltimore "hon" appropriately!! There were "regulars" there that were happy to engage in conversation/banter with the 6 of us. Our party ordered hand cut gravy fries, hot dogs with onion and chili, sliders, fish and chips, rice pudding and red velvet cake. I am not a fan of gravy fries as a rule, but these fries were excellent with a lighter/not too large dollop of gravy..crispy too. My son reported that the fish was super fresh/large/flaky with a crispy coating. The sliders were hand made/very good and the cole slaw was yummy! We enjoyed the hot dogs but I am sorry to report that they are not as good as a Nathan's Coney Island hot dog (can't get rid of those NY roots!) The dogs were tasty; smallish, but then again they only cost 2 bucks each. The husband and I had no trouble eating 4 of them! The rice pudding was very good as was the very large, multi layered piece of cake. The price tag was less than 10 bucks a head. If you like new and different experiences, chatting it up with nice local people, eating good food and want to try the famous B-more hot dogs for yourself..just walk right past the guys begging for a handout and breeze into G & A.
You will not feel more warmly welcomed with your patronage appreciated than you will here..keep and open mind and an empty belly!

• Visited April 2012