“The place for the red sauce”

Sabatino's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sabatino's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 2,203 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: High St.
Description: Located in the heart of Baltimore’s famous Little Italy, Sabatino’s has been serving Baltimore locals and tourists delicious traditional Italian fare for over 60 years! We feature fine dining in a casual atmosphere. Whether you’re out for an intimate dinner for two, a family gathering, or hosting a larger group in a Private Dining Room, Sabatino’s gives you the ambiance you’re after! Sabatino’s has been consistently voted the People’s Choice for Best Italian Restaurant and recently received the Editor’s Choice for Best Italian Restaurant by the Baltimore City Paper. “Consistency and integrity are what drove us to give Sabatino’s the Best Italian nod… This is Italian without apology: Tongue-tingling Penne and Vodka Sauce; Veal Florentino avalanched in dreamy cheeses; crisp-baked parmigianas – This is the real deal, served in an environment (a row house in the heart of Little Italy) that’s as honest as the food.” We invite you to join us for lunch, dinner, or late-night dining! Buon Apetito!!!
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Longtime Baltimore favorite located in Little Italy neighborhood. Food is consistent and the house salad dressing makes the whole thing worthwhile but bring mints or come alone. Hard to park and valet is a bit of a tourist rip-off. Great professional waitresses.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

As with most restaurants in an "Little Italy" section of the country, each has its own roots, traditions and flavors they're most known. This place has a wonderful staff, the atmosphere is very lovely. I've been a big fan of their signature "BookMaker" salad for years. The house dressing is similar to a Parmesan dressing, with the exception of seasonings and delicious anchovie paste added.

You would think it a not so bueno flavor combination, possibly roll your nose at the thought. Ahhh but I must warn you, this dressing will have your attention from first to last bite. The salad in itself is akin to a chefs salad. Ham, salami, egg and assorted veg. However there are very nicely sized shrimp added which really brings it full circle.

They have two portion sizes, the large and small salad. I always get the large with the dressing on the side. This way if I don't finish it all, I have an awesome salad for the next days lunch. Speaking of the dressing, a few years ago I inquired about purchasing some of this delicious treat. I was informed and then sold a classic wine bottle of their house dressing. At $7 a bottle, its a steal for such deliciousness.

Try it and many of their other menu items. They are sure to please.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We've been going to Sabatinos for years, and it never disappoints. It's old school, family style, and not a hall of haute cuisine. Expectations need to be realistic, and you will be treated like family, have a full belly, and your wallet will be respectfully treated too. We especially love the baked rigatoni with sausage and the chicken parm. Get a glass of the house chianti, eat the Italian bread, and relax. It's also a great place to bring kids, they really treat them well. Check your CIA (culinary version) credentials at the door and enjoy a nice meal, hon!

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall this is a nice Baltimore landmark but I didn't get knocked over by any means I the food or ambiance. This is definitively a love it or leave it crowd. The service was good but the food lacked the pizazz I was hoping for. The veal ptarmigan was okay but the presentation was horrible and I suggest the two item plate this entree. The bread hard and although the salad was good it lacked some pizazz and was way over priced for the meal. I would suggest a different stop if your looking for something sparkling but am sure diehard fans would disagree. I would say stop for lunch to save time and $$ to judge for yourself. Overall this is an average place with a little pricey menu. Time for the owners to invest in some
pizzazz on both infrastructure and plating food

Reviewed December 18, 2013

It has been over 6 years since we have been to Sabatinos and I must say they have really declined in quality. What was always an authentic Italian restaurant that would make Nona proud, it has turned into a tourist trap with high prices and very poor quality...they must have a new chef since last we were there...and the portions were not even large enough for my 4 year old granddaughter. The wine choices were very poor and the Chianti must have come from a box. I am Italian and am not used to such poor quality...I rate a restaurant by their Lasagna, and theirs was mostly salt and fatty ground beef with canned sauce....I know they could not have made the noodles there.
With the several choices one has in Little Italy, you would think they would compete. It is a perfect example of greed, as opposed to pride of quality. We will never return.