“Disgusting ”

Dining options: Lunch
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusting ”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This place is horrible. I had got dessert with my meal and it was at least 3 weeks old and when I tried to return it "no refunds"

1 Thank Nick C

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“The most delicious desserts I have ever had!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I visited Silver Moon II today, as I read that it is under new management, so I finally decided to give it a try. I had a pretty good Greek wrap with tzatziki and feta, and decided to treat myself and went for the Baklava Cheesecake. WOW! I have never eaten such a delicious cake! The presentation / design of the cake is very appealing to the eye, but I honestly did not even imagine that it will taste this good! I will definitely be coming back, thank you guys for reopening under new management and upgrading the taste and customer service!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Max A
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Traveller's Delight”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were lost coming back from vacation from Williamsburg VA. We were starved & irritated! And lo and behold, we came across The Silver Moon Diner! It was a great stop. Very clean & friendly. The menu had everything you wanted, so you couldn't go wrong. My husband had a fantastic burger & fries. YUM! And I had a Greek wrap. It was soo good. It changed our attitude, we were refreshed & happily on our way!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank seasnowcs
Baltimore, Maryland
“Lost in Paradise”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The food is pretty good here. I have patronized both east and west establishments for many years. Although they share the name, I believe they are no longer owned by the same person. The east Baltimore Street location owner or owner's wife who is always present, is quite a character. She is very obnoxious and definately has a Brooklyn or New Jersey demeanor. She is very direct and can be quite insulting at times, especially in the eyes of a customer who is paying good money at her establishment. However, do not take it personsal because I have heard her communicate with the employees in the same manner. They seem to ignore her disposition or blow it off and continue to perform their duties. After all "You can take the girl out of the hood, but you can't always take the hood out of the girl". I keep my visits there to adequately spaced intervals, but I am sure many people do not return. The location is prime for the business, it is convenient for most that go there in combination with the quality of food for a carry out. She reminds me of the movie "Lost in Paradise" when a group of Jersey thugs were stuck in a town outside of New Jersey.

• Visited March 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Food, Terrible service!”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The food here is very good, especially for what's pretty much a "fancy" carryout. Fancy being that the place has some dark wood tables and isn't your typical dirty sub shop. There's a tv to watch while you're waiting. There's also a lot of odd characters who come in (due to it's location). Unfortunately, the oddest character is the ridiculously rude owner, who, unfortunately, is there almost all of the time. She is rude to the point of obnoxious. I have stood at the counter for up to 10 minutes without her even acknowledging I am there because she is "busy" (which is funny because she has cooks to prepare the food and I'm pretty sure she just takes phone orders and runs the cash register). If you are in the place for any length of time, you are guaranteed to witness her insulting/ arguing/ ignoring a customer. A customer who was eating there one day walked up to the counter to ask for another soda and I actually heard her tell him to "sit down, I don't have time for you right now"?! Despite the horrendous customer service, the food is very good. I think that (and the location, which keeps a lot of new/tourist customers coming in to make up for the ones who were treated badly and never return) is what keeps the business going. Because it sure as heck isn't the reception you get when you go there. The 3 stars are entirely for the food. Nothing else would justify ever coming here. I almost forgot....bring cash with you because the credit card machine "goes down" every other day.

• Visited October 2011