“The original and still good”
Review of The Prime Rib

The Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
The Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Mount Vernon
Cross street: East Chase Street
Transit: MTA 64 and 61 Light Rail - Cultural Center Stop
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is the place to celebrate special occasions. Great beef and seafood. Service is excellent. Its location in Mount Vernon section might mean a taxi ride since the neighborhood is sort of deserted after-hours.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I've dined at the Prime Rib yearly for the past five years. Today's meal was superb as always! Sunday is half priced wine so you can choose a nice bottle for a great price. Our server tonight was Warren and he was wonderful. We shared the potato skins (a must have) and ordered the restaurant week special. One dish was Salmon with Crab Imperial and the other was the infamous Prime Rib. We also enjoyed the creamed spinach and asparagus. In all, the experience is outstanding and it's apparent that all the restaurant staff work together to provide a seamless enjoyable ambiance.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband LOVES steak. He's a meat and potatoes kinda guy, but really, the potato can be optional. His favorite steak? Prime rib. So you can imagine my surprise and excitement when I found this restaurant for Father's Day in 2012. I was leary to take our 5 year old with us, but since he loves meat too, I figured what the heck. To put it mildly, we were blown away with the food. So much so that I took them back on Father's Day 2013. I had the rack of lamb, and my husband had a (delicious) Prime Rib steak. We were also surprised to see that although they do not have a child's menu, they are willing to make a smaller portion for kids, and lower the price. Nice change since the cost of the meal is quite high, but again, this is not a restaurant for every day meals. Still, for a nice celebration, it's worth the dime. Now every year, I can't wait for Father's Day!

1  Thank Hil8
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Food ,service were both outstanding, if back in Baltimore worth going back to. Rooms are nice and relaxing .

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We went here for my birthday...party of four. It was simply fantastic. Server was engaging and attentive. Food was fabulous. We started with the jumbo shrimp cocktail and potato skin basket...both were wonderful. I had the filet...cooked to perfection and delicious. We shared the au gratin potatoes, fresh corn off the cob and the creamed spinach....they were amazing!! We had a wonderful experience. I also have been to this location for a work party a number of years ago and it was just as wonderful! The only negative I have is that the table are crowded together. Can be a little hard to move between the tables if you are not skinny.

Been to The Prime Rib? Share your experiences!