“Baltimore Bucket List”
Review of The Prime Rib

The Prime Rib
Reserve with OpenTable
The Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,016 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Mount Vernon
Cross street: East Chase Street
Transit: MTA 64 and 61 Light Rail - Cultural Center Stop
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Baltimore Bucket List”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I've dined at the Prime Rib yearly for the past five years. Today's meal was superb as always! Sunday is half priced wine so you can choose a nice bottle for a great price. Our server tonight was Warren and he was wonderful. We shared the potato skins (a must have) and ordered the restaurant week special. One dish was Salmon with Crab Imperial and the other was the infamous Prime Rib. We also enjoyed the creamed spinach and asparagus. In all, the experience is outstanding and it's apparent that all the restaurant staff work together to provide a seamless enjoyable ambiance.

• Visited February 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Always a great experience.”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband LOVES steak. He's a meat and potatoes kinda guy, but really, the potato can be optional. His favorite steak? Prime rib. So you can imagine my surprise and excitement when I found this restaurant for Father's Day in 2012. I was leary to take our 5 year old with us, but since he loves meat too, I figured what the heck. To put it mildly, we were blown away with the food. So much so that I took them back on Father's Day 2013. I had the rack of lamb, and my husband had a (delicious) Prime Rib steak. We were also surprised to see that although they do not have a child's menu, they are willing to make a smaller portion for kids, and lower the price. Nice change since the cost of the meal is quite high, but again, this is not a restaurant for every day meals. Still, for a nice celebration, it's worth the dime. Now every year, I can't wait for Father's Day!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Hil8
“one of baltimores best restaurants”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Food ,service were both outstanding, if back in Baltimore worth going back to. Rooms are nice and relaxing .

Visited September 2013
Baltimore, MD
“Fantastic birthday dinner!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We went here for my birthday...party of four. It was simply fantastic. Server was engaging and attentive. Food was fabulous. We started with the jumbo shrimp cocktail and potato skin basket...both were wonderful. I had the filet...cooked to perfection and delicious. We shared the au gratin potatoes, fresh corn off the cob and the creamed spinach....they were amazing!! We had a wonderful experience. I also have been to this location for a work party a number of years ago and it was just as wonderful! The only negative I have is that the table are crowded together. Can be a little hard to move between the tables if you are not skinny.

• Visited December 2013
bogart3
“We were never waited on...”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We made a reservation for a romantic Saturday night anniversary dinner at 'The Prime Rib' months in advance. Since we had our first date at this well-established, supposedly upscale, restaurate and now are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, we thought it was perfect for this special occasion. We arrived right on time.

We were seated in the bright busy dining room at a 2-top table in the back corner behind two large round tables. This table was FAR from romantic with the bright lights, and the fact that it was situated with me facing the wall. Does an upscale restaurant really think that is an appropriate dining experience?

However, we were willing to overlook the poor ambience and still hoped for a lovely evening. But we sat at our terrible table...and waited...and waited...and waited. No one approached our table. No one gave us menus, took a drink order, or even smiled in our direction. There were servers attending to the multiple tables around us - but they repeatedly walked right by us. We waited 20 MINUTES (which was 20 minutes too long) and then made the decision to leave.

We told the maitre'd on our way out why we were leaving. He offered to re-seat us. No way. At a place of this 'caliber' there is no excuse, and I am not dropping $200+ for a meal where they are 'too busy' or 'too disorganized' to even see us. We were invisible. If you want a great steak house in Baltimore, this is NOT it. Check out Fleming's, Sullivans, or Ruth's Chris. All are far superior to 'The Prime Rib.'

• Visited February 2014