“Gem in the Rough”

Zorba's Bar & Grill
Ranked #291 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Slightly smaller than a typical rowhouse, this gem was a recommendation. After departing another restaurant that forgot about getting us a table, we made the trek from Fells Point and decided to eat some Greek food. Not disappointed at all, we had the Pork Gyro and the Pork Souvlaki Skewers. I was shocked that the Gyro had pulled pork of sort that was simply amazing considering I was ready for some shaved meat. The bride applauded the Souvlaki! We will return if possible or if we're in the mood for some more Greek food!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have been to several different Greek restaurants in the Greek Town. This is one of those little places (just the width of a row house) where you go when you want great Greek food. We were a group of four: I had the calamari, someone else had the quail and the other two had the gyros. Great flavors! The calamari was ever so lightly fried and delicate. They offered a side of sauce they use to cook their greenbeans. It was not a marinara but was nicely flavored and delicate enough for the calamari. My side was the roasted potatoes which were tender and full of flavor. The greek salad (no lettuce included) was delicious. I was told the gyros were also delicious and were a large portion. Overall a delicious and filling meal.

1  Thank Dawn L
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been going to Zorba's for years and it hasn't changed. It is still a bar with a few tables down stairs (kitchen and grill are behind a glass wall at the back of the room) and a dining room above. You go to Zorba's for the food...nothing else. The service is not bad and the decor "interesting" but the food is sublime. We had an order of Taramasalata, a Village Greek Salad and grill octopus to start. All portions are large to huge so please keep that in mind when ordering. The Tarama is light, fluffy (in a good way) lemony and delicious. The salad is chocked full with tomatoes, red onions, cukes, green pepper, feta and olives in an oregano olive oil dressing and the octopus just doesn't get any better than at Zorba's. Large chunks of charred octopus are served with simply olive oil and lemon. It come hot off of the grill. We decided to order just one main course to split. We chose the grilled pork which is cooked to tender,porky, charcoaled perfection. Large chunks of very well done "burned meat" are piled high on your plate. It comes with a choice of two LARGE side dishes. We are both good eaters and we did not finish our meal.....as a matter of fact I have NEVER finished a meal at Zorba's .....it is way too easy to order too much. I am sure they never sell desserts here. This is not a cheap kebab house serving wraps...our dinner with 2 beers and 2 glasses of wine was $90 with tip but you really get your money's worth. You have a choice to make....if you want a glitzy OPA restaurant don't come here but if you want the real deal don't miss it.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I could see how this restaurant might be a little intimidating for a non Greek. You open the front door and walk right into the bar area. Don't be intimidated because the meal awaiting is over the top delicious. I traveled to Greece this summer and the food at Zorbas is at the same level as that I had on the Grecian Islands. My favorite is the grilled octopus--AMAZING. My husband loves the lamb chops. The Greek salad is delicious and I typically have the leftovers for lunch the following day. This restaurant is all about the food. The decor is fine but you are not coming here for the ambiance. The food is what shines.

2  Thank TTMaj
Reviewed August 9, 2012

In my opinion, Zorba's is the best Greek restaurant in Baltimore. Portions are large and everything is unbelievably fresh and tasty. I especially recommend the lamb chops and octopus. This place is a gem!

1  Thank Elizabeth L