“Always good”

Neighborhood: Inner Harbor
Newark, Delaware
“Always good”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just like any Cheesecake Factory I have eaten at, this one does not disappoint. I love the large menu they have and anything I've ever ordered from here was delicious. Their prices are good and the food and portions are great. This location is in a good location right on the Inner Harbor. It can get really busy because of this though. Still worth the wait.

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy Lunch”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were seated right away, despite the busy lunch hour on a Wednesday. Service was a little slow but our server was pleasant and accomodating and we didn't really have anywhere to be. Food was good, cheesecake was delish.

Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Long wait and no respect”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We waited for an hour and a half for a table for two which was 15 minutes longer than what we were supposed to wait for. We didn't mind the wait so much since there was a cheerleading competition going on and we knew it would busy. We finally got a table, but it was located right by the kitchen walkway and we felt very crowded by all the servers walking right past us constantly. It seemed like a table that was just thrown together. When the booth next to us became available, we asked out server if we could switch to that table and she told us we would need to talk to a manager. We did and he was very rude and told us that it was too much of a hassle to move us to the table right next to us! He also claimed that it was a four person table so we couldn't sit there. The funny thing is, there were only two people sitting there when we arrived, and only two people sat there when we were leaving. The booth was completely empty the entire time we ate. Our server was very nice and felt bad that we could not change tables. The hostesses were very nice as well but the manager we talked to was not kind at all. I would have appreciated at least a free appetizer or dessert. The food was fine, but not good enough for me to want to go through that again.

1 Thank Courtney B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Native of the Washington DC area experience...”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I rated the overall experience as a 3/5 stars. Let me explain that I have been to almost every Cheesecake Factory in the Virginia, Maryland and DC Area. (Tysons Corner, Annapolis, Arlington, ect) It's actually a favorite of my girlfriend and myself.

If there is one thing I've learned it's that every restaurant, even with the same name is not created equally. I'd have to list this experience as one of my least favorite at the Cheesecake Factory. Not only were we seated by the kitchen area. Which is blocked by a short wall in the dining area Me and my girlfriend could clearly hear someone in the kitchen area being reprimanded by a supervisor. We then asked to be reseated and spoke to the manager. Who moved us and never spoke with us again about our experience or if this seat was a better fit. The food was good. No real complaints there.. but the service we received didn't seem on par with the $70 plus bill. Our waitress was also very brief with us and didn't come very often.

It actually pains me to say it because I love the Cheesecake factory brand and I know every restaurant has a bad night. But I would not recommend someone to visit this location.

• Visited March 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyed our meal”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stopped in on a Thursday night and only had to wait around 15 minutes or so for a table for 4; we actually got a booth that would have seated 6. Service was good, she knew to do thoughtful things like putting in my kids' orders before ours when we needed more time to chose so that their food came quickly. I had a pineapple mojito which was $$ but so worth it. Too bad they don't have more beers on tap--I believe there were only 3.
I had the fish tacos and my husband had a burger and everything was great. I think if I got the tacos again I would not get the tempura-style--it almost overpowered everything else.
I am completely embarrassed to admit we did not save room for dessert. What were we thinking?! Guess we have to go back to try the actual cheesecake.

• Visited March 2013