“The takeout side is excellent. They make the best steak & cheese subs. Real Italians work here!!”
Review of Vinny's Cafe

Reviewed January 4, 2008

1  Thank deutschmaus

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 12, 2007

idk but it sounds italian

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Our best friends live in Dundalk and whenever we get together at their place we always get Vinny's. It is the best! I highly recommend the sauteed spinach and the prosciutto and mozzarella sub - both are out of this world! We live about 25 minutes from Vinny's and go even when we aren't visiting our friends. It is well worth any drive!

2  Thank bharris21220
Reviewed February 27, 2006

Just got back for this awesome place, again.. I had the Fetticini Chicken w/fresh spinach,brocc.and red peppers..WOW..my Wife had the Lobster ravioli in a lemon creamy sauce..You will leave Vinnies very full and pleased...yum

3  Thank ripken2131
A TripAdvisor Member
Frederick, MD
Reviewed September 7, 2005

This cafe is out of the way in industrial Dundalk, a tunnel away from downtown Baltimore. Today I had the Vinny's Salad with grilled chicken and about had a food-gasm right there in the cafe. The place was so packed that strangers ate at my table with me. Vinny is right there working along side everyone else, in fact he brought me my drink today. I usually don't even like Italian food in the US, but this is real hard-core Italian and it is AWESOME!

Not only is the food great, but the staff is friendly and really Italian! You can get Lambrusco by the glass here and drink it while eating pizza or a Vinny's Salad for that matter.

One time I was in there in the evening on a weekday. I was the only woman in the place that night. THere were many men there in workboots and orange vests, who were tired from a long day on the job. One such fellow was talking in a course manner to Vinny. Then Vinny noticed that I was in the room and he gave this huge construction worker the "what-for" for cursing in front of a lady. The man apologized and cleaned up his story. I have been to plenty of swanky restaurants in Washington, but never have I felt so ladylike and respected as I did that day at Vinnie's Cafe.

Ok, what are you waiting for? It may be out of your way, but it is sooooo worth the drive. I cannot wait until next week when I return to Baltimore.

Ciao Bella!