“Great hosts.”

Ranked #181 of 2,064 Restaurants in Baltimore
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was looking for a good Italian restaurant in the Baltimore area to go to. My girlfriend suggested Vinnie's Cafe because she heard good things about the place. Coming from Rhode Island I'm use to delicious Italian dishes. When we entered the restaurant we were jokingly denied service because we had New England Patriots gear on in Ravens country. The next day was the AFC Championship Game between the N.E.Patriots and the Baltimore Ravens. Owner Tony was giving us a friendly hard time about being a New England/ Boston fan. The food was outstanding and the restaurant had a family atmosphere. I can't tell you how friendly they all were to us even with our Patriots shirts on. Tony even sat down with us, gave us free appetizers, and a Ravens purple scorpion bowl type drink over to the table and tried to convince us to be Ravens fans. Tony was a great sport and host with it all. I can't wait to go back on my next visit to Maryland. I suggest this place to anyone especially Boston Nation. Tony will take care of you ! Family run business. Jay M.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Vinnie's is a truely authentic Italian experience! My Nonna (Italian grandmother) would even love this place. Vinnie's is located in an out of way location in east Baltimore near the marine terminal. It is well worth the trip. Vinnie's offers a wide selection of authentic and well prepared Italian dishes from multiple geographic locations of Italy. Food is creative, well presented and of generous portions..... you will never go home hungry. Staff is very attentive and the dining room is beautifully apportioned with eye catching murals and Italian decor. Excellent selections of wine and full bar is available. Private rooms are available for large groups or parties. Carry out is available from the originally carryout at the other end of the restaurant. We recently had my son's high school graduation party here, it was truly a great experience! Try this place out for yourself! Musical entertainment comes with dinner on the weekends! Great prices.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My boyfriend loves Italian food. So, I looked for restaurants that offer authentic Italian cuisine and atmosphere. After reading all the excellent reviews on Vinny's Cafe, I suggested to my boyfriend to dine there. Indeed, all the great things they said about Vinny's Cafe are so true.

The owner's son, Tony is so warm and friendly. He makes us feel so welcome and like we're part of his family. We felt like we're being served/hosted in their home. Our server, Cathy is absolutely wonderful. She kept checking on us making sure our needs were taken care of. She also offered suggestions that were so helpful. We can't forget her dazzling smile that made us feel so relax and comfortable. We never felt rush.

Love the interior deco. The soft light gives romantic and cozy feeling. The painting on the wall give an authentic feel of a true Italian.

The food are great, real authentic Italian cuisine. Vinny's Cafe has the best food we ever tasted! The serving size are just enough to take home and enjoy the second meal. Don't forget to try the pizza. Their pizza is so delicious. It tastes like the New York pizza.

Another thing we love about Vinny's is parking is conveniently available right outside the cafe.

If you're looking for an authentic Italian restaurant, Vinny's Cafe is highly recommended! We can't wait to go back there again. We had such a great time and an unforgettable experience there.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

So where do you want to go for your Birthday? Vinnie's please. We had Calamari and Mussels for Appetizer and the Bread they served you for dinner( pizza dough with sauce on top) its enough. We had to take our dinners home for a meal the next day. The wine selected was good and not to pricey. Best Italian Restaurant In Dundalk. Thanks Vinnie we will be back

1  Thank Augie L
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Perfecto! Whatever you do, pay the $1.50 and share an entree...guaranteed you will still need a to-go box...the portions are huge! Pasta is homemade, all real Italian, they even have a 30" pizza! Whoever said one slice of pizza is not a meal has never eaten at Vinnie's! Wait staff was excellent, recommendation of a wine was spot on, all dinners come with pizza bread/ homemade bread and salad! (Yes they split the salad! It is definitely a local favorite, well worth the drive to find it!

1  Thank Gloria R

Been to Vinny's Cafe? Share your experiences!