“The Best of each season with an ambience that is unmatched.”
Review of Chameleon Cafe' - CLOSED

Chameleon Cafe'
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Montebello Trc
Baltimore, Maryland
“The Best of each season with an ambience that is unmatched.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It may not look like much from the outside, but the ambience and the food inside the chameleon cafe are first rate and beyond reproach. The wine list in fantastic and the seasonal rotating menu always finds yo with new and exotic dishes to try.

This is a hidden gem in Baltimore, worth every penny for the service, the food, and the experience.

• Visited February 2013

baltimore
“Great neighborhood dining.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ihave been going to The Chameleon since it first opened. It is a lovely unpretentious little retaurant with a surprisingly sophisticated menu. There is always at least one nice steak and usually a chiken or pork selection, fish, a vegetarian dish and a charcruterie that makes a nice meal all on its own -- perfect for a midweek autumn dinner. Wine and drinks are reasonable and good. Not too slow and not too rushed. I work downtown and live on the Harford Road corridor so when I get out of downtown I'm really not in a rush to go back for a nice dinner. As one of the other reviews said, there is something in that neighborhood for just about every tast or mood and you can't beat the easy parking. I'm sure I'll be returning soon.

• Visited December 2011
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Another great food stop on Hartford Road”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Add chameleon to the great food stops on Hartford Rd. Koko's, Hamilton Tavern and Clementine's. My wife and I went out on a Thursday night for our anniversary. The restaurant had a small crowd so we were assured of a quiet and relaxing meal. The service was excellent but the food was AMAZING. We had the scallops and the trout, each was cooked perfectly. Thursday has several wine and beer specials so we had a very nice and reasonable Pinot Gris. We had a fantastic chocolate/pumpkin something with ice cream that was pretty yummy for desert to finish off a lovely evening!

Baltimore, Maryland
“Worth a visit!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Chameleon Cafe is a bit off the path for Balti restaurants but the creative menu and delicious food make it worth the effort. Plus, parking in the adjacent Safeway lot is free!
I went for brunch and it was easy to snag a seat. I had the mimosa with the house-made maraschino cherries-yum...didn't taste the amaretto though. The soup of the day was Virginia Peanut, and I thought I'd like to try something traditional...it had a bit of a kick to it, in a great way. It was very rich. Then I had the brioche french toast. The online menu said something about bacon icecream but the in house menu had bacon...and then cream on top. Nicely done. Excellent thick cut bacon. Always good house music--not too loud...the only complaint I have is that the chairs are a bit wobbly and I think are used to save space but I think they could find a better solution.
Great choices, friendly staff, and an excellent meal!

• Visited September 2012
“How have we missed this until now?”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Ate here last Friday. Casual, tiny, and the food was amazing. The ingredients and the combinations are unusual without turning you off and they put flavors together I would never have anticipated (but worked). The service was friendly, and just enough. A fun place for a foodie. I mean, how many places can you have fried squash blossoms? It runs a little pricey-it was perfect for a date night, but the food more than makes up for the bill.

• Visited July 2012