“Great food; friendly service. You'll be glad you ate here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of India Rasoi Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great food; friendly service. You'll be glad you ate here!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Delicious jewel in Little Italy! My friend ordered and enjoyed an appetizer dish of hummus with lamb, which (with bread, soup, and salad on the side) was more than enough. For me, I found the Fatah w/ Lamb to be delicious - the lamb was tender and the broth/bread tasty; a great blend of textures and flavors. The soup was spicy yet flavorful; the salad fresh and nicely dressed.

The tables are sparsely set, the walls are bare of decoration except for mirrors on all sides, the colors are dark and almost foreboding (in contrast with the bright facade outside). Don't let that put you off! Stay, order, eat, and be happy.

Or ... as I did my first visit when I was alone and unsure ... order a Lamb Shawarma sandwich for $5 "to go," and get ready to be surprised.

I spent a lot of time in the MENA region, mostly UAE, and this place brings back great memories.

• Visited April 2014

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Favorite Local Indian Restaurant!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I love this tiny restaurant located in Little Italy. The vibe is very cozy and casual. The woman who owns and serves at the restaurant is extremely nice and helpful. She knows our order by now. I don't know her personally, but I have great respect for her, since it appears that she basically runs the entire place by herself, with a small kitchen staff and a few delivery men.

The food is delicious, on par with any fine dining Indian restaurant, without the fuss and formality.

I will go again, and often!

Tip: Delivery is FREE!!!!!

• Visited September 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
“The best place to satisfy a craving for Indian food in Baltimore”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Others knock the decor and it's not great but the food and staff more then make up for it. The prices are right, the place is clean and the food is great. If you truly enjoy Indian food check this place out.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I couldn't get past the...”
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I couldn't get past the super weird decor. Funereal/great-grandma. The food was just okay.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great food, good service. Small place. We would go here every christmas eve for dinner.”
Reviewed April 10, 2008