“Long time patron, always keep going back”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Suzie's Soba

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Long time patron, always keep going back”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My family (myself, husband, kids ages 6 and 7) make it a point to go to Suzy's every few months or so. We are not 'regulars' as the restaurant is a bit out of the way from where we live, but the food and warm service (especially from the owner/chef regarding our children) have us going back to Suzy's as often as we can. And we have been there (with small kids, mind you) on busy Friday nights, on New Year's Eve, during the Christmas rush, etc. over the past several years and have always had polite, friendly, attentive service.

The food has been uniformly good to excellent (some dishes are downright great) with fair prices for the quality. It's heads better than average take out fare. Serving size is more than enough, but if you expect a plate/bowl for one entree big enough to feed a family of four, this isn't the place for you

Port Deposit
“Pathetic portions, OK Service, worst value!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Bad choice, I could've gotten twice the amount of food down the street. I swear there was no more than 2 oz. of beef in my Pho Noodles for $12! The menu has an exotic flair and some unique flavors, but if you've ever had Asian food else where, you will be disappointed with this restaurant. Waste of money.

1 Thank Des M
Clarksville, Maryland
“I do not understand, the worst restaurant I have ever been to!!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I am a chef for over 30 years, I have never been so insulted by the lack of care and arrogants the staff displayed. In an honest review one should not say thing that are not true. The servise was "Rude" and there is no other way to describe it. We waited 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged us, wow Really? Try going to a restaurant and not having a word said to you for 15 minutes. If I could give a ZERO for service I would.

There was an open kitchen, when one has this one should refrain from talking bad especially when putting down two tables who just left, we heard everything. Not only is if just wrong but it shows our real colors it was on a Friday evening. 7-8 people in a restaurant not a good sign in this business.

The food seemed to be not fresh, thin since we had soup and the only flavor was from the seasoned cabbage called kimchi. I Sam no visible signs of anything but cabbage, rice noodles and red broth.

I just do not want anyone else to waste there money formthe most average, very expensive food with the poorest servise. In this world we must care about each other. The owner never saw me before and it could have Ben an opportunity fora new co tinting customer.

Please do not visit the owner and waitress need an realization that servise is the most important thing tied with the freshness ness and quality of the food. Those 3 things failed.
I really can't believe the 5 STARS someone gave were real, honest.

Also the chairs were uncomfortable table were kind of sticky and chop sticks did not match, period!

Baltimore, Maryland
“Bland food, very poor service”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

It was over rated and over priced. I travel all over the world to find the best noodle shop. This is one of the worse one. The waitress was very rude, when she found out that we only ordered one dish. We already had dinner, just wanted to have soup noodle (Yook Gae Jang) to warm us in the cold winter night. There was hardly any beef in the soup, and soup taste very bland with kimchi. The owner and waitress were critiquing their customers in the open kitchen, which we can hear everything. They assumed that we don't understand Korean, and they can speak whatever they want. We will never go back to this place. What the waste of money and time. It was Friday night with less than 10 people in the restaurant. That should be the sign of not dinning there.

Baltimore
“Hampden charm, Delicious Food”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place is very cozy, and you'll often find Suzie at the front of the house greeting customers.

Likes:
*Varied, Delicious Dishes
*Fresh Produce
*Blueberry Ginger drink is amazing
*Weird Decor screams Hampden
*Suzy is quite the character and often weighs in on your order

Dislikes
*Suzy is quite the character and often weighs in on your order (i know its listed under both!)

Visited September 2012